GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my new tranny in from monster transmisiions. it's a 700r4. i have3.02 or 3.23's i think and a turbo 400 right now, my overall od tires meas. is 28" would 4.10's be too much? i am putting in a healthy 383 with a 2800 sthall with the tranny. and the tranny still has the lock up functional. i want to be able to still run 70- 80ish down the freeway to shows and not be screamin at 5 grand. i really want the 4.10's to go with the stahll and cam i got in the motor, but if it's too much i need to know, i gotta order today so all this can get put in. oh its a rcsb obs 2wd. and i think gearing right now is a bit low but of course i dont have an od trannt right now either.

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, i guess anything 4.56 range would be too much then? just wanting the most performance with it still bein drivsble down the highway.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I had 4:10's in my truck before I wrecked it, and I loved them... Good low end, and still easy on the highway with that over drive... You should be ok with the torque that moto will be making...

Seth

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool then its a go, thanks for the input guys! hope it will run decent, i want either a magna charger carb blow through setup, or the vortech blow through carb setup but, the little things nickle and dimed all the extra cash i had so it will have to wait a bit

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
70mph is going to be about 2500rpm with a 4.10:1 a bit on the high side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts