GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
were on my truck can i find what gears i have ? i got the ser number can i look it up on the net someweres ?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm swaping in a open diff out of a 99 truck and gears there 373 's just want to make sure if thats whats in my truck befor i buy the gears too

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i also got a g80 out of a 04 z71 if anyones interested in it i paid 300 cnd for it just want what i paid for it

·
droppin loads
3,883 Posts
look in your glovebox, there's a code for the gear ratio. it will be GT4, GT5, GU5 or GU6.

GT4 is 3.73

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
were in the gloe box is it i couldn't see it
my ser num is 2gcek19v921383416 could anyone tell me the specs on my truck ?

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
you need to read th big ass list of rpo codes in the glove box like belmont said.
gu6= 3.42
gt4= 3.73
gt5= 4.10
those 3 are the most likely in your truck. if you see any of those codes refer back to this thread.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
they guy said it was 373 but i think i'll turn the yoke turn and see how many times the wheel turns

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
count the number of teeth on the ring gear, and count the number of teeth on the pinion gear. then ring/pinion=ratio
oh and for that v6 truck youd have to check the codes too. there is no set ratio for each model you know.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the v6 truck burnt i got the rear in my truck now i ever opened the pan yet but i was gonna try to put it in 4wd and go ahead slow and see if the trucks jumps and hops or if it goes fine this sounds like a easy way to tell if there the same or not ?

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
no. you will break something man. go make one full revolution of BOTH tires(mean make them both turn at the same time) and count how many times the pinion turns.
Your idea is crazy lol :read:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts