GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
BIG boys want BIG toys
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What gears should i run with 35 15.50 SX swampers? I do drive it on the road about 50% of the time. No rock crawling just mud ridin.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
4.56 is gonna be the response you get from most...i personally would go deeper, and DD on SMALL 36s on 5.13s and LOVE it.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
4.88s cause they are wider than most 35s and prolly weight quite a bit more imo

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
messing with anything under 4.56s would just be a waste of time and money...also, what do you mean by 50% road? honestly 50% offroad/onroad or what...anything between 4.56 and 5.13 would be fine, and the more actual offraod it is, the more inclined you should be to go deeper.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
I have 37;s that measure 35.5 with wear on them, and i spin at 2116 rpms at 70 MPH with 4.56's. It's nice for freeway driving, but times i wish i had 4.88 for 37 ish tires..

·
BIG boys want BIG toys
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its not my DD, So most of the its just short trips on the highway (less than 30 miles).

Not really planning to go any bigger any time soon. Just tring to save my tranny i am on the 2nd one.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Its not my DD, So most of the its just short trips on the highway (less than 30 miles).

Not really planning to go any bigger any time soon. Just tring to save my tranny i am on the 2nd one.
What part of louisiana are you from?

9,785 Posts
if you don't daily drive it then I would definately go with 4.88's. I had 35's with 4.88's and didn't really like the rpms, but i think it was just due to the heavy ass truck still being slow.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Small town north of Iowa LA
Kool, No one knows where leonville is. its between opelousas and lafayette. Good luck with the truck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts