GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my Orion 1200D (the old school 2400 watt version) just stopped working today. Changed the radio station and it just stopped. Its got power and a solid ground, the red light on the side turns on, and within a few seconds of turning it on it will make a "click" noise but no sound.

Ive pulled the fuse and let it sit a minute and put it back in and still nothing.
Ive got 2 4 ohm 10" on it pulling a 2 ohm load.

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
Sounds like something, somewhere is shorting out. There aren't any wires touching anywhere are there?

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like something, somewhere is shorting out. There aren't any wires touching anywhere are there?
Not that I can find. The power, ground, and remote are good and I replaced the wire to the subs just to be sure because I had some cheap wire run to them.

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know what happened. CaliHD ripped me off, I only got maybe 3 hours of use out of it MAX. The gain was all the way up when it got here and that little 150 watt RMS VR3 amp Ive got will push the 2 10"s harder than the Orion ever did. Something didnt seem right about it from the start.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I know what happened. CaliHD ripped me off, I only got maybe 3 hours of use out of it MAX. The gain was all the way up when it got here and that little 150 watt RMS VR3 amp Ive got will push the 2 10"s harder than the Orion ever did. Something didnt seem right about it from the start.
watch what you say man, you are out of line for saying that i ripped you off. i had no idea the amp was doing this, for all i know it could of been your install. it worked good with me and i never even fully used it like i could of. I had no intentions that the amp was bad when i sold it. It worked awesome right when i took it out of my 03 silverado with 2 10s.Think before you say that shit.

·
Registered
871 Posts
well i dont know what to tell you

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heres the way I feel, it was just under $100 so Ill take that loss and the lesson to not buy from anyone with a low post count/not active on the site.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Heres the way I feel, it was just under $100 so Ill take that loss and the lesson to not buy from anyone with a low post count/not active on the site.
It has nothing to do with how many posts i have. I told you how it worked when it was out of my 03 then into the box to ship to you. Whether or not you want to believe me is up to you. im sorry that this happened

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Post count doesn't mean someone's for sale items aren't good. If you feel you got something bad you should've pm'ed this guy and talked with him first before blowing him up in public. And just because the gain is turned all the way up doesn't mean anything....

It does sound like the amp is bad, but that doesn't mean it was bad before you got it. Electronics can fail at any given time. I bought a JL500/1 from an online store a week ago and it came in DOA. It wasn't a refurb, and it wasn't used. The amp was for a customer I was doing an install for and I had to go buy one locally to complete the job. Now I'm gonna have to ship the amp back, pay the freight, wait 7 days, and then they'll decide whether or not to repair this one or send me a refurb. Again, this was a new amp. The moral of this story is, electronics can fail at any time.

·
Registered
871 Posts
thank you JonyB

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
From what I remember on Orion amps, they didn't seem to have much power. Didn't they have to be loaded down to get much out of them?

I'm not trying to start a pissing match or take sides.........

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had a 2 ohm load on it which should put it at 800 watts RMS and my 150 watt RMS amp would out do the Orion.

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
hmmmm.... You're sure the subs are okay? Did you check the impedance on them with a voltage meter?

Offtopic: If that's your car in your sig, It looks damn good....

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hmmmm.... You're sure the subs are okay? Did you check the impedance on them with a voltage meter?

Offtopic: If that's your car in your sig, It looks damn good....
I havent checked the subs yet. (I took the week off work for finals) But I did swap in a known working sub and still nothing.

Thats not my car but mine will be very simaler to that. Ive got some parts on order. Hopfully it will see paint next month.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts