GMC Truck Forum banner

What Have I Forgotten?

607 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  billybob750 
#1 ·
Alright, Ive ordered a bunch of parts.. just wanted to make sure Im not leaving anything out. I picked up some 2" drop coils from Proballer25. Also ordered some Belltech 17"+ Spindles. For the rear, I ordered a DJM flipkit from StylinConcepts because they had an offer for free shipping. Also got Toxic drop shocks for all four corners. For wheels, I went with Eagle 026's. (20x8.5) As for tires, I was going with Falken 275/40's.

My questions, Ive got some Belltech shackles already installed. The Chevy lean is hitting my truck pretty bad. I was thinking about running an inch of drop shackle on the passenger side to help level the truck. Then run the driverside at full lift. This would help level the truck, but is there anything wrong with installing them uneven like that? Ive also heard the shackles themselves have to be modified for them to work on the 1" drop hole.

Also, should I roll my fenders to help clear the tires or will they be fine as is?

Anything else Im forgetting before jumping into this install?

#2 ·
From what I have heard about the belltech spindles, good luck. I hear you gotta cut, shorten, flip, and all kinda shit.

Looking at your tires, DO NOT run the shackle with the flip. Your tires WILL rub the fenders, whether they are rolled or not. However, you can try and see. I did it in mine, as you can see in the sig-pic. The ONLY reason I could is because my shocks were 100% bottomed out. So it couldnt drop anymore. In this pic the shackle is at 1". So it should have been a 7" rear drop. It was more tho. And you DEFINATELY need that notch. Put the notch in 1st. DO NOT SHORT CUT.

#3 ·
apparently Belltech redesigned their 17" spindle and it is pretty good now. supposed to not kill your turning radius as much as McGaughy's. so i hear...

#4 ·
Friend of mine is running Belltech 17+ spindles on his Lightning, they worked fine so i didnt figure Id have trouble with mine.

#6 ·
Update.

Coils came in this afternoon. Went to pick up my wheels, 3 were perfect. The last had 4 or 5 dings on the dish, really was an eye sore so they ordered another for me. It will be here Friday along with the DJM flip and shocks. Spindles wont be here till next week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.