GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Its all in personal preference. Do a SEARCH and it ill yeild good results. THis subject has been beaten to death.

9,778 Posts
If I was going to lift a NBS with that range of height it would prolly be with a Pro Comp FULL drop kit. They are very well priced and supposed to be very good on the NBS

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Rancho has the best 4" system hands down, but it's costly. Pro Comp has a 5" Knuckle kit and the 6" Full Drop kit. I have the Knuckle kit, and although it turned out to be 1 1/2" taller than what it was supposed to be, which I'm not complaining about, but I haven't had any problems at all. I paid $1100 for mine but I got it at cost through work. The Pro Comp 6" Full Drop kit is a little bit more expensive but I've heard it's a good kit as well. You pretty much can't go wrong with Pro Comp, Rancho, or some Fabtech and some Skyjacker kits. The Fabtech kit will put more wear on your suspension and will push your front wheels out further but I've heard that it's still a good kit, other than the wear.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
:welcome:

:word: To doing a search...you can find a lot of into just by searching for the manufacturers name.

...second, you need to decide in what aspect you want the best...ie: riding, performing, value, etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate all the advice. I'll probably look into the pro comp. I found 35" bfg mudterrains for $199 a tire mount and balanced so that will probably be the tire I go with. Right now I have 33" Firestone Mudterrains, best rated in every catergory and cheapest place I found them is Tirerack.com. I have had mine for 50,000 and they still have tread. Check'em out online.

·
Bigger, Longer, and UnCut
987 Posts
Where did you find the BFG muds for $199?

·
GMFS AF Member
299 Posts
Superlift bracket or ProComp...

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
I think the pro comp full drop kit is a very good choice for the size you are wanting. You could always crank it up a little bit too if you wanted it to sit higher later. I used to see killer deals on ebay all the time for those pro comp kits but not so much anymore.

·
Registered
604 Posts
If you dont want to pay $400 for a new driveshaft get a knuckle kit.

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
twisted suspension :imo

·
Left Jizz
1,225 Posts
dare I say rockcrawler? It's expensive as hell, I've heard it wasn't well made but Peterson's had a shootout and said it was well-made (it could be a ringer, I'm not too stupid). It has coil-overs for the front, and they can do custom rear stuff with trailing arms and coils IIRC.

If you're going for a standard lift on a NBS I'd probably look into procomp, rancho, tuff country, rough country, trailmaster. There's so many out there that you really just have to look around and see what fits your needs.

The only ones I would stay away from, determined by what I've read on this board, would be Whiplash, and cepek for the NBS.

Also, Evan, why do you think you can comment on this stuff even though you don't have a truck? Well, I assume you don't have a truck because you're 14! I don't have money for a lift yet, and when I lift it's straight to a SFA, but I've driven dozens of lifted trucks, of different brands and different years. Damn near every friend I have here drives a lifted truck as I live in hick country (a tip for some of you, if your friends drive lifted trucks, always volunteer to be the DD and you'll get to drive a lot of them!). I don't see why you have to chime in with useless and irrelevant information. Maybe what he wants if a 4"? If he wants a 6" with the Rancho all he has to do is use the stock t-bar bolts instead of the supplied ones.
I don't mean to beat you down or anything, it's just that it gets old reading stuff on a forum and people have to scroll through useless posts by somebody who can't even legally drive yet. You're alright, and when you comment on stuff in the lounge it's cool with me. But please inform me of any actual experience you've had with driving and lifting stuff and then I will respect your comments in these sections more.

Alright, threadjack and rant over! Sorry guys.

·
Z71 Avalanche
830 Posts
fabtech makes a good 6 inch

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
thats what all the "offroad"shops say right?
All offroad shops know wtf they are talking about. even if they market drugs in their place of business. Cough cough B&M cough cough

1 - 20 of 24 Posts