GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey anybody know what the sensor or plug is next to the gas ped left side top, it seems to be conected in some way,
04 Silver ext cab LS

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
are you talking about the plug where you stick in the lil computer thingy to read the error codes? if not then, i dunno and its there for a reason

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it is conected to the gas ped mounting bracket, there is about 4-5 wires coming out of a grey plug, Could this be part of the torqe magmt or tract control sys, I don't have any on-off buttons on the dash ?? If this is can I snip-snip or unplug to help with my out of the hole snail like response.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just checked and it is a drive by wire :bawl:
is there any mods out for this to help with Torque mgt with out having to reflash my computer, I've read about these programers, you have to use high oct fuel, or you will get pings on hard excelerations.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Stocklook said:
I just checked and it is a drive by wire :bawl:
is there any mods out for this to help with Torque mgt with out having to reflash my computer, I've read about these programers, you have to use high oct fuel, or you will get pings on hard excelerations.

Not necessarily. You don't have to program it to use high octane fuel to remove the TM. IMO there is probably something else wrong...

·
patio furniture breaker
563 Posts
so all the 2003 Silverados should have this drive by wire thingy, or is it just on the high end models? i have a base 2003 V6 5 speed, does mine have drive by wire?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts