GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So lately I've noticed that my turn signal is kind of fubard. Okay, first off I have Halo's in my headlights that are wired into my parking lights...When all the lights are off and I hit the turn signal on either side, only the inner parking light bulb will blink along with the little corner bulb associated with that side. Now, when I have the lights on my and hit my passenger side blinker, the parking lights just stay on and do not blink at all but only the little 194 corner bulb will blink. However, if I hit the driver's side blinker only the inner parking light bulb will blink along with the little corner bulb...and on the driver's side the inner parking light and corner bulb will blink opposite of each other. Kind of looks like a wig wag.

It's my understanding that when I hit either blinker BOTH parking lights on that side, along with the corner bulb are supposed to blink, where as, all four of my parking light bulbs will come on but the passenger side won't blink, except for the corner and the driver's side inner will only blink. Both corner bulbs work. I know it can get confusing so I tried to explain it best I could.

So far I have replaced my parking light bulbs thinking it was just because I had the silverstar bulbs in there so I went back to the original orange ones I had laying around and they do the exact same thing.

I also replaced the turn signal flasher which fixed my hyperflash, but not the lights themselves. I wanted to get yalls opinions on this one I've tried searching and thinking but I just don't know.

Another thing I noticed is my bulbs do not have an even distribution of light output..Each one is a different brightness. When I'm driving there is 1 flash of orange (forget which side) like it's super bright and not even...Just trying to give as much info as I can.

·
Multiple GMFS owner
2,098 Posts
corner 194 blinks oposite of 2 main lights on front. Mine were doing all kinds of goofy shit to and I start checking my wiring, lo and behold someone had put sockets in and the shitty soldering job had started to fall apart.

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's what I'm afraid of because I don't know shit about wiring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts