GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i can get 2 for 75 bucks.. id just like to know what kind they are and if they are any good (ride quality etc.)

bagss.jpg

bags.jpg

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Firestone 2000lb bags .. cant tell what size port from pictures. they sell for about $70 each, new .. I ran them for about 3 years, no porblems ... just dont get as much lift as Slams, but they arent bad, and if you can get them for cheap ..go for it.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
theyre only 2000lb bags? i was just going to use them in the rear for a little bit. do they ride good?

·
hotdogfarts
2,287 Posts
the way those plates are id almost say they are pheonix/aim/chassistech bags. Firestones usually have less of a goldish color plate crimped on them.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Guess its possible, I didnt know they had copied Firestones design. If they are AIM bags, stay away from them, I just looked, they only sell for like $45 each new, so that price you were given sucks if those arent Firestones.

These are Airbagit bags

·
Registered
94 Posts
Dude, they are 2600lb. bags with a single 3/8" port just like I said, and they're just over 7.5" in diameter. I'm not sure what kind they are, I think they're phoenix. But they work great, and were only taken off the truck to trade it in.

·
hotdogfarts
2,287 Posts
I wouldn't run the pheonix bag. Anything chassistech has put their hands on except for a few steel parts pretty much suck. I did an install on a friends fullsize and he brought me those bags. I could almost compress them with one hand, they felt floppy and real loose. The bellows seemed really thin as well. He told me the shop he bought them from said they only had a few come back with the crimps blown off of them.....errr...no thanks.

1,932 Posts
If you can pick up those 4 bags for 40$ or under I would buy them and run them. but anymore than that fuck it just save up and buy some nicer bags

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
screw it. im getting slams,it was my original plan and im going to stick with it..

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im going to go with a tri. 4 link..with the bags mounted on the lower 4 link trailing arms

1 - 13 of 13 Posts