GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A BRAND NEW 2004 SILVERADO SS, I WOULD LIKE TO LIFT IT 10" WITH 36" TIRES. i HEARD THAT FULL THROTTLE MAKES A GOOD LIFT BUT THEY JUST ROLLED THERE WHITE HUMMER 8 TIMES ON THE FREEWAY GOING 70 MPH. I WAS TOLD THE FRONT KIT BROKE. WHAT ABOUT WHIPLASH? ANY BODY ELSE?? THANKS

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
If you dont trust the full throttle lift then the whiplash isnt for you. I have not heard many nice things about the quality of the company and the lifts. If you want a strong big lift kit i would go with CST(www.californiasupertrucks.com) or Cognito (www.cognitomotorsports.com i think) they are both very nice and strong kits but a little more $$ than the FT or Whiplash. You get what you pay for and btw NICE TRUCK!! any pics?

Also i dont know if any of these companys have a kit for the new SS yet but you can e-mail or give them a call and ask.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Well turn off the capslock first.

Also the fact that the hummer broke has nothign to do with the suspension lifts they mass produce. The reason it doesn't is because it was a custom SFA swap. Meaning some jokers at FT could have done it, not a highly suffistcated comp program(atleast its called one right hehe). Also this kit has been around a while and nothing but good is said about FT kits. Now their customer service sucks my left nut. The kit is good though. If you want all suspension lift go with Cognito, Fullthrottle or CST. I think CST's 9-11 kit is out but im not positive.

If you dont mind doing a body lift then you can do the pretty much standard 6+3 meaning 6 inch lift and 3 inch body. That will clear 36x14.50s. If you go that route you can do super lift, new or old kit, Rancho, Procomp, RCD the list goes on.

If you have the money i would say go Cognito cause later you will want to go bigger and that leaves you the option of a body lift and 38s.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
whiplash is garbage.

FT seems pretty good, but cognito and cst are by far the most structurally well designed kits.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
I will agree with this. Full throttle is a good kit and teh H2 flippign had NOTHING to do with their IFS lifts. I would personally go with a cognito though. You ask why? I like the design (its very strong), they have good customer service, competitive prices and overal its a very well rounded kit. Just get leaf springs in the back not the ugly ass drop hangers. You can compare all of the lifts here:
http://homepage.mac.com/darketernal/NBSlifts.htm
By the way, the SS is essentially a 4wd truck, so the lift you are looking for is for a 99+ 1500 4x4.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
snigbertese said:
i thought the white hummer had a 4 link and some huge king coilovers?
It did with a SFA. Why I saif the hummer had nothing to do with their kit :read:

·
2,451 Posts
there are some on fullthrottlesuspension.com before the wreck. Also there are a few in the GMFS show sections.

·
2,451 Posts
as ive heard, there arent gonna be any pics relaesed from FTS because they were trying to hide the wreck. they are buying another h2 an doing the same set up.

·
2,451 Posts
Thats what i heard. That H2 was awesome:imo: But it think it is ok set up as long as you dont have morons driving.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts