GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, just wonderin what you guys think i would get for power by adding LQ9, mild cam, and 3200 stall to my already nelson tune, full exhaust with flowmaster dumped and pacesetter lts w/ory, mack CAI, 4l80e conversion.

also what cam would go good with a 6.0. i want it to have some good lope to it but not crazy, basically enough to hear it clearly at idle. but remember this is my DD also so drivability is big.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
If you can't make 400rwhp with a 6.0 + cam and full bolt ons, you have a problem. :shake:

·
99Z71 For Sale
745 Posts
either way...at 88mph the shits gonna hit the fan!!

i would love to swap my 4.8 to a 6.0...but i think im just goin with tr224 cam, headers and a tune in the 4.8.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
well look at my dyno i did today small cam and tune 306/307 you should do really good LQ4 are going for 2K used with drivetraine

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Stock cam'd 6.0s have made 330rwhp from what I've seen with full bolt ons.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Not 100hp difference...

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well my reasoning for the 80e is because i had alot of the parts that i was slowly getting together to do it in a year or so when i had my 6.0...but my 60e blew and i saw it as a waste of money to replace the 60e if it wasnt staying there for long anyways. i plan on making alot of power, but not only that i have a heavy truck and that is a big contribution to the destruction of our drivetrain parts. by the end of the year i would like to have a 6.0 lq9 cammed, with a 3200 stall. then forced induction will come after that and possibly 125 wet shot. that should easily make me 500rwhp w/o the 125 shot. then i could start thinkin about a 408:head: which i would love to do also. i really dont have anything set that i am deffinitly going to do except the motor, cam, and 3200 stall but i do know that no matter what i do i have a VERY RELIABLE trans behind it which i wont have to replace 4-5 times...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts