GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
9,778 Posts
I have Kicker's 4 channel ones in my Camaro. I had Raptor or Stinger in my Tahoe and Z-71. Can't tell one difference between them either.

·
GM FOREVER
724 Posts
I try to use twisted RCAs. Any good name brand, I can't tell the difference between any of them.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'd tend to agree. Most of the time with wire, just looking for a good amount of shielding and quality connectors. I will say, though, that Kicker wiring in general is some of the most flexible stuff I've seen. Seems to be very good quality.

Also, note, some of the sites like Cardomain will price match. I got them to match some site I found with froogle.com called shipsound.com. So I bought my CK44 kit for just over $51 + shipping. And it's a pretty complete kit.

·
Mile High
3,080 Posts
Anything twisted pair is good, I like the drone series stinger stuff cuz it's cheap off ebay or the xpert if you're a baller...I didn't notice a whole lot of difference in my integra between the drones or the helix series but the monster cables I had in there before were crap compared to the cheap stingers :imo

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Anything twisted pair is good, I like the drone series stinger stuff cuz it's cheap off ebay or the xpert if you're a baller...I didn't notice a whole lot of difference in my integra between the drones or the helix series but the monster cables I had in there before were crap compared to the cheap stingers :imo
I use the Drone's for all the amp installs I do. They're great, and under $20/pair for the long ones.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Rockford twisted pairs

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey thanks for the info guys. i found JL's on the ebay pretty cheap. well not cheap but cheap for JL's. $60 for 25ft 4channel and $ 37 for 18ft 2channel. i didnt need 25 ft but thats all i could find for 4 channel. got a ea4000 amp and sc8264 components on the way. i cant fuckn wait!

·
Registered
477 Posts
You realize I was able to get a whole amp kit (Kicker CK44), which included 16.4ft 4 channel RCA's plus the below stuff for $51 and change plus like $9 shipping. All you have to do is get cardomain to price match, which in my case I had them match shipsound.com (some site I've never heard of). But since you've already ordered the JL wires, I'm sure they'll work well. Hope you already have the other pieces you need.

* 20 ft. - 4 Gauge blue Hyper-Flex power wire
* 3 ft. - 4 Gauge silver Hyper-Flex ground wire
* 20 ft - remote turn-on wire
* 60 ft - 16 Gauge Super Twist speaker wire
* Kicker FHMA ANL fuse holder with 100 amp fuse
* 16.4 ft (5 m) KI45 4-channel interconnect
* Assorted connectors and installation hardware

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea i saw all that good stuff on there but i already got it all so i just figured id get some good rca's

·
Registered
477 Posts
Well. I'm sure you've got them. JL wires, though I haven't personally used them, look to be pretty good stuff. Good luck. I'm sure you'll like the finished product.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts