GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah just a socket. Not sure what size though.
Just grab a ratchet set and crawl under the truck and start trying different sizes to see what fits. Starting with 19mm I suppose.

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,896 Posts
jack the truck up first

·
Max
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So i have to lift it up first. Do i have to life the whole truck up or can I just like the front up to do this. How many turns do I have to do in order to level a 2500hd duramax with the rear. Does it matter that I dont really know what im doing? or would it be better to just let someone who does do it for me.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
its super easy, just do each side little at a time and have a tape measure so you will get it even.

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
jack the front up and tighten the adjusting bolts. let it down and bounce on it or drive it around the block to let the suspension cycle and then settle. repeat and adjust till you get it how you want it. you will need an alignment afterwords.

yes, you ride will be a bit rougher. no, you don't need longer shocks. yes, cranking can lead to accelerated wear of front end parts. no, just leveling it shouldn't give you too many problems.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
No you dont have to lift the truck. Socket and long bar are all thats needed. Turn until it level. No set number every truck is a little different.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
just max out your stock keys, that should get you level, and unless an HD is different its an 18mm. good luck lets see the after pics

·
Max
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE=numbr3t;3142192]just max out your stock keys, that should get you level, and unless an HD is different its an 18mm. good luck lets see the after pics[/QUOTE]

·
Max
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I tightened the bolt but didnt notice a difference and the difference didnt show with a tape measure. can someone post a picture of what the stock keys look like. The ones on my truck look like they're after market. I don't know though because I bought the truck used.

·
Max
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That link wasnt really that helpful. I tried on two different computers to get the pictures to display and they wouldnt. I guess where im confused is should the bolts be all the way in or out to get the front higher up?

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
You have to tighten the bolts to go higher and loosen them to go lower.

·
Max
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I guess the guy before me had after market keys installed. The ride quality is no different. I guess whats throwing the leveling off is the front tires have a little less tread on them then the back ones. Ill be getting new tires within the next few weeks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts