GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going with a 6-8 inch suspension lift and a 3 inch body lift, should i get 35, 37, or 38 inch tires? should i get nitto mud grapplers or toyo mud tires???? thank y'all to any help that i get with this help.

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
37's hands down. 35's would be tiny under 9-11in of lift.

I have a 6in suspension and 3in body and im running 37x13.5 mud grapplers with no rubbing.

the tires are awesome if you can deal with the noise and dont do a lot of tire spinning on pavement.

but the toyo's are known for long life and are quiet but do come at a premium price.

but with 37's i sure hope your ready to drop the $$ on gears to turn them.

·
Registered
195 Posts
What year truck? If you have IFS, no bigger than 35's IMO.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
37's are the most i'd ever push it to. trust me when i say if it's an older truck, it'll go thru front end parts pretty quick. i just had to just replace my tie-rod ends and gonna need to replace my pitman arm soon but mine's fared alright with just 35's and a moderate amount of crank. I have a 6+1.5 setup with leveling keys so trust me when i say 37's are about the limit unless u beef everything up. if ur in Garner i'd advise getting Super Trucks of Fuquay Varina (just south of u on highway 401). They do all types of trucks, especially GM's and have great customer service plus fix almost anything they've done for free if they did the install. they just did my brother's 2007 Silverado recently and we have no complaints at all

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
im going to be driven to school monday-friday, what would be the best?
I daily drive my truck on 37in mud graps to school and work, I avg about 300mi a week and I've had my mud grapplers on scince oct '08 and they still have 35-40% tread left, they are wearing great for me. (but from what everybody else says i guess i've gotten a magic set)

given most of the time I drive very calm and dont do burn outs or any stupid shit, but I have been known to get 'em smokin! :ninja: :imo they are a good tire and last better than lots of other tires if you keep your foot off of them. as well as I know 2 other people that have 35in mud graps and they are wearing well too.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Mud grapplers look awesome-- but seriously fuck em. I had the on my truck for about 1500 miles and took them off due the rediculous amount of noise they produce. I got Mickey Thompson atz on there now and love them--- not to mention I get about 1.2-2 better mpgs now (14.6 vs 12.5)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts