GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Line-X of San Antonio
Joined
·
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious... im looking at kits for my 1500, and am wondering what kit yall are running, what it cost, whered you get it, and would you buy it again. ive been talking to a few people already, but want to see the groups opinion. its been a while since have researched kits..
 

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
Joined
·
6,656 Posts
Well I talked to ya, im running the procomp and it was 1650 when i got it almost 2 years ago at 4wp. I would buy anotehr procomp in a heartbeat if i was doing a 6"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,128 Posts
Im sportin the 6" RCD and it's not too bad. I got it for around 2 g's and i dont know if i would do it again. Its not that great of a ride but im 17 and i dont mind bouncing around in the cab so beside that no problems.
 

·
Kyle
Joined
·
1,684 Posts
I'm running that ol' superlift kit, got it for $1500 installed by 4wheelparts in austin. If i were to get another 6 it would be cst, if i were to go bigger i would get a f250/350
 

·
Wheel On'
Joined
·
1,414 Posts
Im running the Rancho which cost $2100 installed with the skidplate. So far so good have nothing but good things to say about it.
 

·
[>
Joined
·
3,255 Posts
CST here. If I ever do a bigger suspension lift she will be sitting on a SFA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
I am running a 6" RCD and a 3" Body Lift. If I could do it again I would only buy the ProComp. But my new truck is coming in soon, so I maybe.
 

·
Bigger than you!
Joined
·
196 Posts
I'd probably do pro-comp again if i were going with a 6 inch lift again,i have not had any problems with it yet (now 4 wheel parts is another story :guns: )I would also talk to Kevin at B&C in Houston,i've heard only good things about there 3rd coast lifts and the lift that HULK is running seems to be pretty damn stout.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
703 Posts
12" Full Throttle lift or the 10-12 Cognito, Full throttle has their prices on their website and i might not be exactly right but when i was at cognito i think if u order the font kit it is a little over 2000.
 

·
Line-X of San Antonio
Joined
·
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the advice guys... for some reason i always thought pro-comp was crap.... i dunno where i got that from... im kind of leaning towards the rancho if i can find a good price.
 

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
Joined
·
5,501 Posts
For some reason im thinkin it may be crap on the OBS, but its really nice on the NBS trucks.
 

·
Line-X of San Antonio
Joined
·
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RedneckDude said:
For some reason im thinkin it may be crap on the OBS, but its really nice on the NBS trucks.
see thats probably where i got that from... kind like i will always think firestone tires are shitty. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,997 Posts
If I was to lift another 4x4 I would use the procomp for sure. And once a buddy of mine gets the $$$ we will be putting one on his 03 4x4. To me it seems like the best full drop kit other then cst. For the price I dont see how you can go wrong. I know fabtech kinda has a bad name, but between the 37's the moderate off roading some times and then driving on the boggers for a little while my kit held up great. Not even alignment issues. Height was the olny thing that seemed to be the problem for me. But my truck sat low from factory so that could have made up the 2" difference or whatever.


I think the procomp is a good choice.... :head:
 

·
Line-X of San Antonio
Joined
·
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Aberbaseball7 said:
If I was to lift another 4x4 I would use the procomp for sure. And once a buddy of mine gets the $$$ we will be putting one on his 03 4x4. To me it seems like the best full drop kit other then cst. For the price I dont see how you can go wrong. I know fabtech kinda has a bad name, but between the 37's the moderate off roading some times and then driving on the boggers for a little while my kit held up great. Not even alignment issues. Height was the olny thing that seemed to be the problem for me. But my truck sat low from factory so that could have made up the 2" difference or whatever.


I think the procomp is a good choice.... :head:
i called around today, and asked a BUNCH of people that sell these kits and work at lift shops. i was SOLD on the procomp kit, then realized i can get the fabtech kit for a SHITLOAD less. with the minimal amount of wheeling i do, im convinced im gonna get the fabtech. i like the fact that there is no cutting on the differential, and no front exhaust or driveshaft mods. i do realize that it does kick out the front track, but i can live with that. i know a lot of people around town that have this kit, and are completely happy with it. i should have it by the end of the week!
 

·
Line-X of San Antonio
Joined
·
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i just realized that the fabtech differential drop is only 4.5... they guy on the phone told me it was a full 6" is procomp the only one out of the fabtech, rancho and procomp that is the full 6"??
 
Joined
·
9,785 Posts
Get the Procomp man. I have never heard one person complain about it on the NBS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
JLA said:
you have to cut the differential on a fabtech, you were mis informed there.

Yep. Gotta cut the upper mount. And FabTech shocks aren't the best. Bascially feels like you have no shocks at all. B O D Y R O L L.


Without creating a huge list, the only lifts that drop the differential 6" is the Superlift 6", ProComp 6" and CST 6".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,997 Posts
vhato said:
Yep. Gotta cut the upper mount. And FabTech shocks aren't the best. Bascially feels like you have no shocks at all. B O D Y R O L L.


Without creating a huge list, the only lifts that drop the differential 6" is the Superlift 6", ProComp 6" and CST 6".
I agree the Fabtech shocks ride like crap. Also you do have to cut the diff mount. And correct on the drop only being 4.5".

Like I said my Fabtech held up great, the shocks could have been better but they worked.

I still say the procomp is the way to go and then run some 35's
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top