GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2005 z71 completely stock with the L33 5.3 and im getting around 17-18 MPG highway maybe a little better. if i put 285/75r17 (little under 33's) what kind of mileage can i expect to get?..thanks for the input.

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
probably like 40,000 out of those if you rotate alot

·
FoTfive'dpokinoutdaside
2,294 Posts
I think he means gas mileage maybe?

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
It'll probably stay the same. Might drop 1-2. There are a lot of other factors besides tire size.

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,894 Posts
i get 14 with 285 km2 with 3.42 gears

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well since your gettin that bad with the exact same truck as me i figure i will just stick with stock for now...

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,894 Posts
get 305/60/16

look best.. get a black bear tune and a single 3inch dynomax bullet

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
dont not do it because of mileage. it really wont be that bad im getting 15 with 35's stock gears and no tune straight pipe

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have 3.42's so i dont know how well those gears will turn bigger tires...this is my first z my last was a dodge 4x4 so im clueless on how these trucks are with bigger tires...

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
i have 3.42's so i dont know how well those gears will turn bigger tires...this is my first z my last was a dodge 4x4 so im clueless on how these trucks are with bigger tires...
They will do just fine. I ran 3.42's with 37's for a while, still getting around 13 mpg which is good for my truck. Just do it. Your mileage probably wont even drop its such a small "jump"

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ya i think in 2005 they started giving the option of 3.42 or 4.10 gears but anyway...i might give it a shot...will a CAI make much difference on the 5.3, because on my 360 i had in the dodge it made a huge difference when i put one on...

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
ya i think in 2005 they started giving the option of 3.42 or 4.10 gears but anyway...i might give it a shot...will a CAI make much difference on the 5.3, because on my 360 i had in the dodge it made a huge difference when i put one on...
Big difference? No... Stock one flows pretty good as it is. I THINK i recorded a 1mpg difference after putting mine on though. I coulda been smoking something too.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
lol...do the programmer's do anything as far as mileage?
Do NOT get a programmer.... worst thing you can spend your money on. I did it and regret it. I sold mine to some poor sap that paid what I paid for it new. Get a Black Bear tune. It's a completely different truck. Did I mention, COMPLETELY? Saw 2-3mpg difference and what feels like HUGE power gains. DO IT!!

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Do NOT get a programmer.... worst thing you can spend your money on. I did it and regret it. I sold mine to some poor sap that paid what I paid for it new. Get a Black Bear tune. It's a completely different truck. Did I mention, COMPLETELY? Saw 2-3mpg difference and what feels like HUGE power gains. DO IT!!
:word:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts