GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im thinking about getting a custom exhaust on my 08 rcsb 4.3 v6. Im thinking about routing it just before the rear tire on the right side or just dumping it to the ground right out of the muffler, but which muffler will make my v6 not sound weak? Flowmaster, Magnaflow? what do you guys have on your 4.3 trucks?

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
which muffler will make my v6 not sound weak? Flowmaster, Magnaflow?
Stock exhaust, just dump it for a cleaner look. IF you MUST do something, get a 24" long magnaflow, something really quiet. Any exhaust on a v6 is going to sound weird. It will never sound like a v8......

·
Banned
1,847 Posts
def, get the long magnaflow! it will sound horrible if you get a small muffler...i had three on my truck to get it to sound descnet now...

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
my stock exhaust sounds pretty damn beefy, i don't want to change it cause I don't think anything else will sound as good, the only downside is its really quiet above 2000 rpm, but at idle-1500 or so its v8ish.

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
no offense but I hate how v6 trucks sound with a custom exhaust.

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I hate my v6 and the exhaust i got a flowmaster 40 on it but it was free and didnt drag when my truck was bagged so i went with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts