GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my flowmaster took a shit on me and I'm in the market for a new muffler. I had a 40 series and it sounded good but was a little too loud in the cab for me. I want something that when i get on it you can hear it be when at idle and just cruising around it's not too loud but not too quite. by the way i have the 5.3 liter, TIA

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
magnaflow 18". I had one on my Z71 and it sounded great.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just put a magnaflow on my 94 and i love it. I had a flowmaster 40 series and i just got tired of the interior resonence. The magnaflow is quiet but as soon as u step on the throttle you get a really deep tone to it.

·
nytahoeon23's
1,147 Posts
i just did the corsa cat back i love it. can hear it a lil at idle but when u hop on it , thing sounds like a new vette.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
spintech imo. be a little different than everyone else! quiet at cruise, but loud as hell when you punch it.

·
Registered
573 Posts
v-force mufflers sound pretty descent, i just got one on my 98 hoe and its really quiet at idle but has a rumble to it, when you get on it its not to loud but has good tone. and hardly any drone.

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
i just did the corsa cat back i love it. can hear it a lil at idle but when u hop on it , thing sounds like a new vette.
:word: Love my Corsa, but I think he just wants to replace his muffler and not go with a full catback. I'd go with a Magnaflow, I haven't personally heard a Spintech but my friend just ordered one so hopefully he'll have his soon.

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
CORSA....handsdown, thank you.

·
low life...
125 Posts
I had a Magnaflow on my 01 6.0 HD and it was the best sounding muffler that I've heard on these trucks. +1 for the Magnaflow.

·
Registered
124 Posts
What is the model number of the magnaflow you guys have. I am looking to do a cat back and have heard good things about magnaflow.

Four2fight

1 - 20 of 23 Posts