GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Member #670
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know what kind of notch this is and can you run it with out cutting into the bed?

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Well, I don't think it's a kit...looks like it was made. I think it's a little tall to fit under the bed w/o some cutting but if your gonna make a notch it can be done w/o cutting the bed. You can lay out on a OBS w/o cutting the bed on 20's but you'd need to pound up a small section where the axle pumpkin rests to do it. On a NBS, I don't believe you can lay on 20's w/o cutting into the bed.

Cameron

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
so you have to your dont have to cut the bed on a nbs? you said NBS for both of the examples..

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
low slow 00 said:
so you have to your dont have to cut the bed on a nbs? you said NBS for both of the examples..
I've heard you don't have to, if you know what you are doing. With 22s or more, I think there is no way around it .. might ask IntroWheels .. he says he lays out in the rear, but I thoughy 2k1slvrdo said that he had a big step notch. Dunno :think:

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Sorry about that...I meant OBS in one circumstance...I fixed it...

Cameron

·
Member #670
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well this is gonna answer my own question, but heres a pic of that truck from the bed...no cutout...i like it, low, and not cutout...looks sick.

·
GMFS MEMBER
42 Posts
sup guys? i went to the good guys car show last weekend in pleasanton and was very surprised to see that a lot of the bagged trucks (nbs) were using djm/belltech bolt in notches and were pretty close to layin out. i thought that was kinda cool. later.

·
Registered
559 Posts
my truck lays out in the rear and i only had to raise a small section of the bed for the axle, it is only a small section in the bed,it is the only way possible to actually lay the back of the frame, if that section isnt modified it WILL NOT lay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts