GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm sorry if this has been posted but I cant find anything specific for what I'm looking for.
I would like to know what size spacer I would need to get for my stock 18x8 rims on my 2010 Silverado to make them stick out about 1" from my fenders. I have the r/c level kit on it right now, running 275/65r18 and plan on doing the 3.5" r/c suspension lift this summer.. and going with a 285/65r18 mud terrain tire or an aggressive all terrain . I want to stick with the factory rims.
Thank you..

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
That rc "susp" lift u want is just a stretched level kit. Run what you want but I wouldn't recommend it. As far as wheel spacers go use a tape measure and see where u want the wheels to sit

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That rc "susp" lift u want is just a stretched level kit. Run what you want but I wouldn't recommend it. As far as wheel spacers go use a tape measure and see where u want the wheels to sit
Why wouldn't you recommend it? and run a tape measure and then just get the spacer for the inches that I want huh? that easy?

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
The rc kit is a stretched level it's not a lift. Your tres and lower bjs will be stretched 3.5". measuring for the spacers is pretty easy

·
Registered
314 Posts
I rode on a 2011 with a 3.5 "lift" / level....rode like a chuck wagon. ....No thanks.
2" level or a real suspension lift only.

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
^i got behind a 2014 Sierra today coming down the hwy. it had an obvious stretched level either the fabtech 4" or rc 3.5" level and 35s. Every bump it would hit the front tires would wobble and look like they were gonna fall off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^i got behind a 2014 Sierra today coming down the hwy. it had an obvious stretched level either the fabtech 4" or rc 3.5" level and 35s. Every bump it would hit the front tires would wobble and look like they were gonna fall off.
That kinda sucks.. I use my truck for plowing and I didn't want to go to tall.. What do you guys think of the 5" r/c suspension lift or is that still a stretched level kit? and would it be to tall for plowing?

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
If you don't want to go big zone makes a very good 4" kit. It's an actual lift not a stretched level

1 - 11 of 11 Posts