GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Although I don't have MT Classic's I've got a cheapo Alcoa-ish knock off, I generally keep them up with either Zephyr Pro 40, and usually do a quicky polish every 2 or so washes with ordinary Mothers polish. Keeps em looking puuurty good :D

DSCF0306.jpg

DSCF0315.jpg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Although I don't have MT Classic's I've got a cheapo Alcoa-ish knock off, I generally keep them up with either Zephyr Pro 40, and usually do a quicky polish every 2 or so washes with ordinary Mothers polish. Keeps em looking puuurty good :D

DSCF0306.jpg

DSCF0315.jpg
Looks good bro. Where do you find the Zephyr Pro at?

Another question, when polishing the rim, do you take it off the truck to get where the lug nuts are?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Looks good bro. Where do you find the Zephyr Pro at?

Another question, when polishing the rim, do you take it off the truck to get where the lug nuts are?
I get it from my supplier here in town. IIRC, a bottle runs like $12? they've got a dealer locator you can use to track one around you http://www.zephyrpro40.com/s2/Scripts/locator.asp

And no, I don't take them off to get around the lug nuts, but occasionally when I rotate my tires I'll get around them. I've got small hands so it's fairly easy to get in between them with a MF :D

When I got them they were used and had some minor pitting in the holes along with the typical caked-in black crap. I used some 800 grit followed by 100 grit sand paper w/ polish and it did a good job of cleaning the holes up. Hard to tell in the pics but the holes have a more satin finish than the rest of the wheel, which I actually like a lot. They've got nicks and scratches which I expect from what I do with my rig, but I do like the keep them shiny :anitoof:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts