GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what rearend i have My truck is a 2wd 02 chevy rcsb 4.8 it is fully loaded. It also has the Tow package. Is there a website i can go to. I could probably just go to the chevy dealership or call but i figured someone might know what was average for the v8's

·
Registered
308 Posts
look on the sticker in the bottom of your glove box.....there will be a code that starts with a G i believe.....use this site http://gm-trucks.com/RPO_2001.shtml to look up what code your rear end is

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
It is a 8.5" Ring gear 10 bolt axle. 30 spline shafts, semi floating. As far as the gear ratio you can tell by your RPO codes
GT4 = 3.73
GT5 = 4.10
GU6 - 3.42
GH0 = 3.54
GU4 = 3.08
G80 = eaton locking diff (posi)

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is gu6 so i have a 342 is it limited slip probably is. but i can never get the other tire to kick in only if i swing it sideways in the rain will it do it. when i first got it, it had 14,000 on the od and it would roast both when i powerbrake it. now i do it and i only get one spinning why would this be. And no i dont do it all the time. the truck now has 35,000 on it

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Probably from the powerbraking :read: Not a good thing to do all the time!

Honestly though who knows, unless you know what diff is in it, there is no real way to make a guess. Could just be your tires now get better traction and you go forward before it locks up... who knows...

·
Official Rednek
177 Posts
Any one know what rear end ratio i have in my 98 5.0

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.