GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what rearend i have My truck is a 2wd 02 chevy rcsb 4.8 it is fully loaded. It also has the Tow package. Is there a website i can go to. I could probably just go to the chevy dealership or call but i figured someone might know what was average for the v8's

·
Registered
308 Posts
look on the sticker in the bottom of your glove box.....there will be a code that starts with a G i believe.....use this site http://gm-trucks.com/RPO_2001.shtml to look up what code your rear end is

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
It is a 8.5" Ring gear 10 bolt axle. 30 spline shafts, semi floating. As far as the gear ratio you can tell by your RPO codes
GT4 = 3.73
GT5 = 4.10
GU6 - 3.42
GH0 = 3.54
GU4 = 3.08
G80 = eaton locking diff (posi)

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is gu6 so i have a 342 is it limited slip probably is. but i can never get the other tire to kick in only if i swing it sideways in the rain will it do it. when i first got it, it had 14,000 on the od and it would roast both when i powerbrake it. now i do it and i only get one spinning why would this be. And no i dont do it all the time. the truck now has 35,000 on it

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Probably from the powerbraking :read: Not a good thing to do all the time!

Honestly though who knows, unless you know what diff is in it, there is no real way to make a guess. Could just be your tires now get better traction and you go forward before it locks up... who knows...

·
Official Rednek
177 Posts
Any one know what rear end ratio i have in my 98 5.0

·
Registered
13 Posts
GMC super, RPO codes don't change from year to year so those posted above will be same. Just check your RPO sheet, if it's missing call the dealer with your VIN # and they can tell you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts