GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8.5" ? Is this the same center as a 98 chevy? is 2wd the same as 4X4? - I'm looking for a posi and just want to know what will fir.

Thx.

LK

·
Registered
113 Posts
Im not sure but I belive a guy that I know took a stock 2000 z71 posi. locker out of an wrecked truck an put it in a 2002 silverado 2WD an it fit perfect.(I think). But I do know that another friend with a 2000 z71 has a 10 bolt rearend an I have a 04 silverado 2WD an it has a 10 bolt to. So I think everything has stayed the same for the last few years as far as I know. But I would stil ask around cause im not absolutly positve.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
They are all the same on the NBS, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were the same on the 97's too. What I would do is go to GMpartsdirect.com and check on the part numbers for the '97 and the '00, if they're the same then its the exact same thing.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
The G80 was changed around a bit around 98, but not sure if it was right then. It was basicaly made stronger (weak point strengthened), but they interchange just fine. Everything else is exactly the same in teh center section.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts