GMC Truck Forum banner

what Rear End Is This?

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  bighoss77 
#1 ·
I'm not sure if this is the right section for this, so please let me know if its not. Anyways, I am trying to figure out what rear end I have. It was left by the previous owner of the house I just bought. It hasa 10 bolt cover, and Is an 8lug bolt pattern. Mybuddy thinks its a Gm Dana 60. I'm not sure that he is right though. So if anyone knows whatit Is, I would greatly appreciate the help. TlA.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Lol... If you saw it yesterday, then it would be mine. What is it worth?

#6 ·
pop the cover off and get the gear ratio
measure the WMS
toss it on CL for $100,toyota and jeep guys love these

look for the BOM number on one of the axle tubes then go to dana's website and look up the info,it will tell you year,what it was meant for,axle ratio etc

#8 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated! :)

#9 ·
.. .

#10 ·
So from what I can tell, it has 4.10 gears, and is bone stock with and open diff. DOM 11-22-88

#12 ·
Lol. Don't have time or the extra funds to build another toy. In the middle of finishing my shop at the moment. The wife might flip if I start spending more money on another toy..lol.

#13 ·
Lol. Don't have time or the extra funds to build another toy. In the middle of finishing my shop at the moment. The wife might flip if I start spending more money on another toy..lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.