GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so im looking to buy a set of reservoir shocks for the front shock hoops, there are alot of diffrent ones to choose from, fox, pro comp, sway away, race runner, rcd, blisteins almost every one makes one, which one is about the best for the money and going to not need to be replaced alot.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Unless your running some kind of long travel and or your truck is going to be worked at high speeds off road. Just buy whatever is the cheapest. But that just my two cents. The whole reason for a res is to cool the oil down and have more oil for when shocks are getting worked hard.

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
I have Foxs and I love them, however Jason is right, you don't NEED them....if you're going for a cool look get the dual shock hoops and some Bilstein 5100's, they are aluminum bodies so they'd look cool, but alot cheaper :D:D

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
Sway away and race runner are the same thing

I like my fox's, they work just fine

If you are looking for the cheapestm I would get the procomps or fabtechs

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
just chrome them i mean u take of the stick and they all look the same...i may jus do that with some pro comps lol

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Yup Sway Away being the company and Racerunner being the title for their line of shocks.

Give Stuart at Vintage and High Performance a call once you have an idea what you want at (714) 815-9661. His price for mine where cheaper than all the other Pirate pricing I got by quite a bit(for mine it was about $100/shock savings). He also does free shipping.

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Not sure what all he's bought in with, SAW's are what he advertises for so I assume his cost on them is the lowest.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, only off road it ever sees is pismo beach, ill take it in the dunes but never go crazy, i just want something thats a good qualitly shock what about those pro comp ones the ones that go for 144 each thats the cheapest ones i have seen.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
if ur gonna pay 144 for pro comp u might as well pay a lil bit more for foxs its only 30 more dollars

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
True True

1 - 12 of 12 Posts