GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
crew cab 4 bucket seats (pics)

I have a 05cc has charcoal grey cloth seats front seats have the jumpseat (no console). Is it possible for me to keep the front buckets find a console that starts at dash and then match up some buckets for the rear and if so what vehicles do I need to search?
I want rear buckets and then build off of the factory center console extend it to rear wall of cab. Either going to do a cut through for 4 12's or 2 12's down firing in the rear portion of console. Either way I need rear buckets.
As soon as I find the seats and front console I can start adding some subs to my system....Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Yes, your stock seats will work up front. You will need:
03+ Console,
03+ Glove Box Assembly Panel. Your stock glove box will work, but you will need the outer trim that attaches to the dash.

Out back, dont try running buckets. There physically is not enough leg room back there to use bucket seats.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmm. Did any Avalanches (sp) come with buckets in the rear? I know I could'nt use a front bucket in the rear. I thought I seen some pics of crew cabs with buckets in the rear the seat bottom just is'nt as long front to back.
I just had an idea, The rear seat in my truck is split like 60/40 the 40side being the size of a small bucket on the pass side. I just went out and checked and all I should have to do is find another pass rear seat and mount it on my driverside rear and POW rear bucket seats. I think, :D Anyone near Fl have one for sale?? Later

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Re: What seats to look for? (update)

Out back, dont try running buckets. There physically is not enough leg room back there to use bucket seats.
Just an update on what I've found out about putting buckets in the rear of a crewcab. 1st off trying to use the 40side of the rear bench seat would have worked great on the pass side but when you put one on the driver side it just looks like a## because of the way the seat bottom is designed in the seat belt attachment point.
So I moved on to my next idea and removed me pass side bucket from up front and put it behind the driver seat just to see how much leg room I would have ended up working and looking great.
I scored a set of 06buckets for 250.00 on EBay and they where even local so I saved on shipping they are both manual. I removed the sliders to get them to sit as low as possible in the rear because of the hump near the back of the cab that starts 8 inches from rear wall.
Mocked up the seats where I wanted them and welded up some mounts still working on them this weekend so I'll put up some pics soon.
I'm excited about these seats to me it looks great and now I can start my front to rear console that will house 2 downfiring 12s.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
crew cab 4 bucket seats (pics)

Some mock up pics

DSCF0076.jpg

DSCF0079.jpg

DSCF0078.jpg

·
concrete redneck
1,923 Posts
i've already done mine i'll get some pics tonight i had buckets in the front of mine w/ no console so igot one off ebay. the i got 2nd row buckets outta suburban. this way i can still fold my back seats flat. also got a 99-02 console and mounted it between the seats. bastards taking my ideas. lol

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
thats a great idea. Post up some more pics

1 - 7 of 7 Posts