GMC Truck Forum banner

What shock for the proper travel?

Question 
627 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  wheelza85 
#1 ·
Hey guys I got a nbs with a 6 inch rough country lift with a 2 inch torsion bar lift kit and ASL. I think the shocks that came from rough country are not quality shocks and I feel are not enough travel for my lift. Can any of you guys help me with any advice on what I might need to run for proper travel. I don't have the means to measure out my travel at the moment due to limitations at my new house so any advice it welcome.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Post pics of angles. Do your uca's touch the droopstops when on a floor jack? If they do then they have plenty of travel. If not get longer ones. Seeing you have keys on it im sure it's cranked, so ur not gonna have much travel anyways
:word: That is the issue with the OEM shocks, they are too short and restrict down travel before the UCAs actually hit the droop stops. The RC shocks should be long enough, but they are crappy quality shocks.

#4 ·
I took off the bump stop brackets that came with the kit cause the were hitting under the trucks own weight my tears are not fully cranked. What shock would be a good replacement and what length should they be?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.