GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into rear 2.0 fox remote reservoir shocks for my 2008 1/2 ton RCSB chevy with 8-9" lift over stock. What length collapsed, extended, travel, and valving do I need? I will be running a 4" block with a 4" shackle flip, perhaps AAL, but later switching to 4" deavers. I haul a quad or a light trailer and do use my truck off-road alot. Let me know if you need any other information. Thanks

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
I need this answer too :D..same specs basically.

·
Justin @ A/T Fab
325 Posts
Ok here is the info I have:

-The RS5000 specd for a 4" rear lift is 18" compressed and 30" extended.
-The 14" Travel Fox 2.0 RR shock is 21" compressed and 35" extended.

-The rancho shock uses a 9/16 bolt", the fox a 1/2".
-The factory shock is 1 5/8" mounting width, you can get the fox in 1 1/2"

Ill call fox Monday to see if you cant get the 14" in a 9/16" bore, but if not most factory holes are that oversized anyways. You could also tack weld a washer inside of the shock mount to downsize the factory hole and take up the extra room instead of just bending the shock tabs in or using a spacer.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
So we should run a 14" Travel Shock?

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
Looking into rear 2.0 fox remote reservoir shocks for my 2008 1/2 ton RCSB chevy with 8-9" lift over stock. What length collapsed, extended, travel, and valving do I need? I will be running a 4" block with a 4" shackle flip, perhaps AAL, but later switching to 4" deavers. I haul a quad or a light trailer and do use my truck off-road alot. Let me know if you need any other information. Thanks
Im running 12" travel Fox 2.0s with only a 4" block out back. Note that Fox only makes 1/2" eyelet, you're going to need to find a way to convert it to 9/16" (you cant just use 1/2", the top shock mount threads into the frame) OR you're going to need to have a custom shock setup done. I gave up trying to find 9/16" hardware after pressing out the heim eyelets so said fuck it and had custom mounts done.

back026.jpg

fox008.jpg

fox009.jpg

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
Great info Will, I will see if I can find a solution other than custom mounts for the top.
That would be great for those that dont want to cut off their old mounts, I wanted to switch to rear/rear from the normal staggered setup but Im sure a lot of people arent gonna want to do that to their truck.

For more reference:

Fox eyelet compared to normal bushing/sleeve for superride shocks
w4001.gif

Which translates into this: (OEM bolts used in this picture)
w4002.gif

·
Justin @ A/T Fab
325 Posts
I think I can get the Fox's with bushings instead of heims. That way you could just put in a bushing from something else with a 9/16 sleeve. I might order one Monday and see if it will work.

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
I think I can get the Fox's with bushings instead of heims. That way you could just put in a bushing from something else with a 9/16 sleeve. I might order one Monday and see if it will work.
That was the problem I had... I got the heims pressed out but couldnt find a set of 9/16" sleeves/bushings

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Oh BTW Im running the 14's on my truck and I have 10 inch springs and the factory block. I let the pressure down to 150 psi, but I think Im goin to let it down some more. Still rides kinda rough.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts