GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bought not Built
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this truck with the front suspension as is, due to some bad tires I haven't driven it very far. This weekend I took it to a show about 4 hours away with some new wheels and tires and I need new front shocks in a bad way. I'm just not sure which arms I have. The only drop parts in the front are the lower arms. I'm not sure if I use a factory length shock or not. To judge the drop here's 2 pics from the weekend. These are 265/35/22's for reference.

3_zps1709416d.jpg

4_zpsc649ecd8.jpg

The rear is a 8" drop, I flip kit and 2" shackles, with new shocks.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
On my truck I run DJM 4" LCA's with OEM coil spring and for the shocks I run Belltech SP model number 10104i and they work great, smooth ride with nice rebound. Nice looking truck btw :)

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Thanks, its getting there. Way better than it was when I got it IMO. I'll look into those.
Yeah DJM arms are designed to be used with factory length coil springs and shocks so I installed new OEM springs and the Belltech as performance upgrade. Sure rides better then spindles and drop springs :)

·
Bought not Built
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine rides like hell now in the front, but my shocks are shot. I sent a message over the thesuspesnionsource cause it looks like they have some scratch and dent specials

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Mine rides like hell now in the front, but my shocks are shot. I sent a message over the thesuspesnionsource cause it looks like they have some scratch and dent specials
Kris is good to work with or Tony (NorcalSS) also. :)

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I run the Belltech SP 10104i on the front and the ride is real nice :) For the rear I run the Belltech SP 2202F

·
Registered
333 Posts
im 4/6 I run the belltech 10103i front and the 2209 outback.

I got my rear from kris through ebay. they were "blemished" got a hella deal and youd never know the blemish if I didn't point it out. not to mention their under the rear so you cant see anyway.

I got my fronts from norcalss. both were super easy to deal with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts