GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well really my girlfriend...she has been using her dads 1999 suburban, 5.7, SLT, 4x4, heres the kicker 216,000 miles. Well the insurance is up on it this friday...june 6th. And he is giving her the truck. To do as she pleases. Now we went to look at an 02 escalade today third row, short bus, with 55,xxx miles on it for $14,985. It's MIINT!!!! Question is should she buy the escalade or any vehicle for that matter or should she keep riding around in the burban. $15,000 is the max price we were looking at. The kicker is the burban is starting to show its age, little rust starting here and there, some front end damage, bunch of little shit starting to go...we just put a new radiator and water pump, stock engine and tranny. I feel like she is going ot have to buy something at some point in the next year is it worth waiting....I told her I would get an outside opinion on it and ask you guys....since MOST of you have good heads on your shoulders haha:tongue: jk. O yeah she would be trading the old girl in. and has about $5500 to put down not counting what she gets for the trade. WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS DO! :worship:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah he said it was totally up to her...she really likes the escalade...I think she is going to call him tomorrow and see how much he will give her for the suburban...I just feel like its a ticking time bomb.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Meh, our Suburban is rusting but otherwise it's solid as can be besides needing a new idler arm. Of course the engine and trans only have about 130k on them.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well...there is someone else interested. We beat him to the dealership by about 10 minutes so that puts us first in line. Don't want to loose that position I will keep you guy posted on what he gives us for the burban

M

·
0 Posts
There is always someone else interested if you listen to those slime balls that prowl the lot. :read:

If that Escalade is a solid ride, I think I'd spring for that instead of a Suburban unless y'all have like 6 kids to haul around all the time. I would definitely work them down on the price. Fullsize SUV's aren't exactly flying off the lots these days...especially with summer gas prices approaching. The only other catch I would look into before getting your heart set on the Escalade would be insurance. Get a quote to make sure they don't have ridiculous premiums for a truck like that.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Payments are gay. If it starts, stops and steers, rock it until the wheels fall off. Take what you'd pay in payments and maake those payments into savings account deposits. If it all goes to shit in 18 nmonths, you still would have saved a lot of money to get an even "better" vehicle or at least had more monet to put into the down payment of the vehicle.

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
^^^ true. theyll probably give you 1500 for the burb anyways, youll save that up in no time following the above advice by the time the burb dies.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well...just had someone come look at the burban....they are willing to give me $3800 for it. I am going to inspect it, detail it and fix the slightly rough idle. and they will be coming back for a second test drive and hopefully buying it. I will keep you guys posted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts