·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 05 Sierra mods:

Ford keys
2" add a leafs
Pro Comp shocks at 4 corners

What I want is to gain a few more inches all the way around. I don't want to install a body lift so that's out of the question. Is there anything out in the market now days to gain a few inches without spending to much $$?

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
If body lifts are out of the question, and you already have Ford keys with AAL's out back, then either a small suspension lift, or cranking more with a bigger block are your only options. With that said, obviously if its already cranked and you don't want the ride to suffer any more, then thats it. And the suspension lifts aren't cheap by any means. You could always add RC torsion bars, but they'll only allow you crank more and that'll make the ride stiffer yet.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If body lifts are out of the question, and you already have Ford keys with AAL's out back, then either a small suspension lift, or cranking more with a bigger block are your only options. With that said, obviously if its already cranked and you don't want the ride to suffer any more, then thats it. And the suspension lifts aren't cheap by any means. You could always add RC torsion bars, but they'll only allow you crank more and that'll make the ride stiffer yet.
Thanks for the info. You have a link on where to get "RC torsion bars"? Also what size block should I use?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Search eBay and find a used lift for cheap.

·
Team White!
446 Posts
I plan on getting the RC torsion bars ($200) I think my bars have some sag in them, so hopefully due to the sag, i can regain the height and then crank more.

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
Why not body lift though? Doing anything else to what you have on your current set up is going to ride horrible IMO.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why not body lift though? Doing anything else to what you have on your current set up is going to ride horrible IMO.
That's what has been running through my head. I've heard that I have to do a lot of cutting to install a body lift? Or I may have to drop the ole mighty $$ for a real lift kit. :hmm:

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
I believe you'll need to get the RC bars for the OBS trucks. Then flip them end for end, and left to right for them to load correctly on a NBS. Hopefully someone with a little more experience using them on a NBS will chime in.

Here is 99z's thread about them on his NBS:
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75182

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
That's what has been running through my head. I've heard that I have to do a lot of cutting to install a body lift? Or I may have to drop the ole mighty $$ for a real lift kit. :hmm:
Not true, all you have to do is grind a little off the front bumper brackets, Nothing you do would cause you not to be able to take the body lift off and return it to stock. I did that on my 04 sierra.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not true, all you have to do is grind a little off the front bumper brackets, Nothing you do would cause you not to be able to take the body lift off and return it to stock. I did that on my 04 sierra.
That's good to know, I've always had lowered trucks and this is the first one I want to lift. You have any pictures of your 04?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts