GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just got my truck. its a 98 sierra 1500 4x4. i want to put a lift on it sooner or later but right now i was thinkin about a 3" body lift. any opinions on brand? and is there any difficulties putting it on?

·
Registered
624 Posts
I'd go with the PA 3", and install it yourself.

·
bitter southern gun owner
1,142 Posts
hardest part is getting bumpers fitted perfectly

and i know on the 00 models you need to weld ur 4x4 lever on ur tcase again r something like that

a body lift isnt that hard just time consuming

performance assories is only company that i know of other than summit

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
what do you want to do with your truck? wheel it? or Cali it?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Body lifts arent that hard, just make sure you have alot of tools if you do it yourself. I did one on my 94 and it took a good long day to finish.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aight sounds good thanks. right now i take it wheelin but i plan on goin to shows and stuff down the road. anybody know if i would have to weld anything to my tcase with my year of truck or is it all bot on? im from seaside.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
aight sounds good thanks. right now i take it wheelin but i plan on goin to shows and stuff down the road. anybody know if i would have to weld anything to my tcase with my year of truck or is it all bot on? im from seaside.
You wont have to weld anything.

·
Registered
103 Posts
like high sierra said its all bolt on although i welded some little braces under the bed...its optional though

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
hardest part is getting bumpers fitted perfectly

and i know on the 00 models you need to weld ur 4x4 lever on ur tcase again r something like that

a body lift isnt that hard just time consuming

performance assories is only company that i know of other than summit
i have a 2000 and plan on a bodylift...i have pushbutton/autotrac so ? :think:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts