GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im really really close to lifting my truck, its either a 6in suspension and a 3 in body or a 7-9" cognito, dont know yet, but anyways should i cram 38x15.50 in there or should i put in 36x14.50, i dont really like the 37x12.50s, i like a wide tire the higher the lift. but what do yall think would look the best between the 2 tires, i see pictures but trucks look differant in pics than in real life to me. thanks

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
theres that money issue, im 15 and worked all summer, just barely enough for tires and wheels, if i go that high what other components of the truck will i need to change? my dad likes to see me work for stuff i like and he helps me out alot wiht money but i dont know just HOW much! lol how much is the 10-12 inch kit?

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
I have a 6+3 on my 2500HD and i got 38's on there with some trimming and they dont hit at all even offroad.
heres a pic.
000_0691.jpg

·
Registered
73 Posts
go with the 7-9" Cognito and some 37x13.50. I believe Sevenfold has a picture of a HD truck with that setup. plus it is quite a bit cheaper than the 10-12" kit.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kotton, that is a very nice truck, i like that alot, im goin to call today and try to make my decision, i want the 7-9" cognito, but we'll see what happends. thanks

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
theres a pic from the side. If i had the $$ i would go with a full suspension lift but if not a 6+3 is pretty damn good. Some people say that bodylifts are bad for offroad but ive been through a good amount of shit with it and havent had a problem with anything.
AllTruck.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts