GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Incognito
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for the whole package. I live in the barraks so I dont want a lot of stuff laying around. I just want to be able to detail my truck and harley. Im not good at waxing so Ill probably have a professional do it. what should I look into? Thanks

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Kind of a vague question... but we can certainly find something thats a good fit.

You mention wanting to detail the truck/bike, but mention having a professional wax it - this is a little contradictory as waxing would be part of the detail process.

Are you looking just for basic cleanup and maintenance supplies and you'll have a detailer do the regular polish/sealant/wax routine?

Are there any specific things you're trying to accomplish?
(ex - remove swirl marks from paint, protection, cleanup, interior, exterior)

Theres a lot of kits we can put you into that would cover a variety of needs, just trying to get a better feel for what you want out of the process.

·
Incognito
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didnt realize there was so much involved. i just want to keep my stuff looking clean. Iv got a few scratches in both. I mainly want to clean the inside the best I can. The outside I can live with not being show quality. I want to clean my engine bay also.

My truck is fairly clean now. I just want to keep it that way. I guess Im more looking for stuff to help keep it that way, and what I need to clean the engine bay.
This is what it looks like.

this is what I want it to look like
enginedetail001.jpg

I hope this helps explain what Im looking for. Thanks for the reply.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Gotcha... lets start with the engine bay... check this video out. This outlines my process and all the tools I use. Obviously you can omit a few items like the brushes if you have suitable replacements:

[yt]JdHX_wPUKZI[/yt]

For the interior do you have cloth or leather?

·
Incognito
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im thinking about this as my setup. I do a regular vacuum every now and then. I have rubber floor mats, never anything on the floor. Not to worried about interior. What do you think of this as a starter for me?

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Thats a nice collection to get you some basic upkeep supplies... the only things I'd suggest looking at are adding grit guards (assuming you don't have them already) wash pads and a drying towel.

Other than that you'd have yourself pretty well covered with the stuff there.

·
Incognito
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just want to say I got your product and used it the other day and Im simply amazed. This stuff is awesome and i love that super vrt stuff plus it smells good. BTW your avy looks good in the vol 7 video lol

PA120054.jpg

PA120053.jpg

PA110036.jpg

just realized i didnt wash my front bumper :rage:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts