GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get one of those Line of Fire LED bars to go on my truck, but I don't know what size to buy. I know you're probably thinking " this dumbass should just go measure it" but im in my college dorm with no tape measure... so if anyone knows the measurement of the space under the tailgate on an 05'Rado 1500, i'd REALLY appreciate it..

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'll tell you from experience, that the line of fire is kind of a waste. I tried to use it as my tail-lights and it was not bright at all. Especially for the money. My advice would be hit up Custom Classic and check out their Light bars, they have a 59" one for like 200 where the 60" Line of fire is only like 20 bucks cheaper... But if you are goin with the line of fire anyway, get the 60" one, the shorter one is for mini-trucks.

·
As seen on TV!
863 Posts
I have the 60" line of fire on my '04

·
Registered
186 Posts
I actually think its all in what you want it for... I dont have tail-lights, so it was too dim for me especially during the day, you couldnt see it at all, but if you just want an accent at night, it will probably be fine. I'd still reccomend the Custom Classic one, its WAY more for your money.

·
As seen on TV!
863 Posts
it is not made to be used as a replacement for your taillights. its merely an auxiliary light.

It shows up pretty good, during the day its really dim, but at night its just as bright as my taillights.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
it is not made to be used as a replacement for your taillights. its merely an auxiliary light.

It shows up pretty good, during the day its really dim, but at night its just as bright as my taillights.
:word: to that, plus they are not dot approved for a replacement tail light its just an add-on. I've had a 60" on my 04 for almost 2 years with no problem. I like it they look nice to me.

·
Minitrucker
710 Posts
Does Anybody Have The Newer Version With The Reverse Lights Installed Also? If So Are They Actually Usable? As In Brighten The Area When Backing, Or Just For Show?

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
:word: to that, plus they are not dot approved for a replacement tail light its just an add-on. I've had a 60" on my 04 for almost 2 years with no problem. I like it they look nice to me.
Who the hell is the DOT to tell me what kind of tails i want to run?? :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
i saw the fire and ice on my friends truck and i think its ugly! when hes backing up, and the blue(white) leds mixes with the red it looks purple...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts