GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the 46's coming and need to know how much lift to clear them and still turn without rubbing. They are going on 16.5x12 wheels. Truck is "00 HD. Any suggestions?????????

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hell, just get a 6" suspension, take off the fenders and the bed, you'll be set. In reality, without any wheelin at all, you'll need a 12" suspension and a 3" body is my guess at the very least depending on the width of the tire. Your best bet will be a SFA swap, or else you'll have a time bomb on your hands.

Steve

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Last time I checked it would be wise to know IFS or SFA...

on a 2wd IFS truck 18" clears 40's (im pretty sure thats how much ewogo has) And 18" on an SFA would allow for much bigger I would think... So dont be a smart ass, and give us the details if you want the right info...

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Yea, I can see that I was alittle off on that post... Didnt mean anything by it...

Not thinking straight at the moment... But on an IFS HD with 9" like willys said, would not come close to fitting... I just think it would be best if we knew if it was IFS or SFA... Main thing IFS and 46's dont mix...

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Aberbaseball7 said:
Yea, I can see that I was alittle off on that post... Didnt mean anything by it...

Not thinking straight at the moment... But on an IFS HD with 9" like willys said, would not come close to fitting... I just think it would be best if we knew if it was IFS or SFA... Main thing IFS and 46's dont mix...
Actually it would, you guys need to lose your "don't wanna cut" mentality and grab a grinder or sawzall... Why the hell does anyone need 46's anyway???

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Well when you drive a 40K HD you tend not to want to Cut it up... Most people dont keep their vehicle forever and make them bad ass trucks like you are doing...And you are doing one hell of a job I might add... So I still say 9" on an 00 HD Will not work on IFS... And I agree that who needs 46's? And if you want 46's then i would think a SFA would be the first thing to do in order to run that tire...

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Aberbaseball7 said:
Well when you drive a 40K HD you tend not to want to Cut it up... Most people dont keep their vehicle forever and make them bad ass trucks like you are doing...And you are doing one hell of a job I might add... So I still say 9" on an 00 HD Will not work on IFS... And I agree that who needs 46's? And if you want 46's then i would think a SFA would be the first thing to do in order to run that tire...

What he said.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Yeah, I just don't get the whole street truck thing... I can't imagine spending all that money on something that doesn't do anything better than it did before... My mind just thinks completely different, when a question comes up on fitting 46's I think of how to fit them the best way to make the vehicle perform well... Oh well, just not my cup of tea.

Oh, and I would have absolutely no problem cutting on a 40k truck... My truck was 38k new, does that count? :anitoof:

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Ok to answer your question. You might get away with a 12-14" kit and a bodylift but it will most likely rub. Your would be better off going with the whiplash extreme kit if they make it for the HDs yet.

·
Registered
832 Posts
That goof ball that ran the 49s on his chevy dually had the whiplash extreme kit and a body lift...he still had to hack the hell out of his fenders. I'd aim for 16-18 inch range.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
truckin suspension makes an 18 inch lift kit for ifs hd's, but it wont do much for you if you want to off road. you can find these lifts at truckin.com

1 - 20 of 21 Posts