GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title states, whats the diameter of the factory intermediate pipe (the pipe with the flange that runs into the muffler)? I'm trying to find a corsa muffler and i need to know if i can use the factory intermediate pipe from my brothers old exhaust and mate it with a coupler or if im going to have to somehow bend my own using 3" pipe? Nobody around here can bend 3" pipe:(

Intermediate Pipe

Edit: I just found an intermediate pipe on summits site. Im wondering, it says that the outside diameter of the pipe is 3". Will this work with a 3" corsa or is the pipe going to be too small? I'm guessing what I'm trying to say is will it slide into the muffler?

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you know the process of how they go about flaring it? my dad has a metalwork shop and ive access to most anything i'll need for an exhaust. im just wondering if i can do so myself?

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
blah more money to spend:pow: my brother wanted my old corsa system i won so i have to hunt another muffler. then get an intermediate pipe. also need to order some LTs and ORY soon. then im still left to get allen to do my tune...TOO MUCH MONEY:read: :bawl:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
do you know the process of how they go about flaring it? my dad has a metalwork shop and ive access to most anything i'll need for an exhaust. im just wondering if i can do so myself?
It's a hydraulic press.

I'm amazed that they can't bend the 3" pipe.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
not even close... They slip the pipe over a fitting, press on the pedal, and the press pushes a dowel through the fitting. The fitting has a bevel to it, so it expands when the dowel hits it. The expansion of the fitting, exerts pressure on the pipe, and it expands. It's all part of the same tool that they use to bend the pipe. The one my buddy has is a Bendpak.

edit... one of thesehttp://www.bendpak.com/default.isg?cPath=218

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well dang. i guess i'll order it anyway and if it doesnt work, i'll get it welded together or get a coupler:imo

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay, so the above intermediate pipe has an Outside Diameter of 3"...so if the corsa has an INSIDE diameter of three inches, the intermediate pipe SHOULD slide in, right?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Thought it was 2.75" factory...

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Ah :D

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
okay..somebody point me in the right direction... i bought to summit intermediate pipe but it doesnt have a flange. i need a two bolt exhaust flange that will bolt up to a factory ypipe but i need it to be a 3"inlet diameter. i've checked summit and didnt see any. i looked on ebay but i dont know that the pieces on there aren't junk. i'm want this to be the last exhaust that i have to put on the truck. with that said, can anyone give me a link to one? thanks in advance:shake:

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for the offer man! my dad actually owns a welding/fab shop so i've got that covered!:naughty:

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
should have just asked me haha I forgot that I have a stock intermediate pipe laying in my basement attached to a shitty flowmaster that I could have cut off and shipped to you for the price of shipping...damn I am stupid sometimes, sorry about that bro

1 - 20 of 21 Posts