GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think ive finally decided to go with a 4" spindle lift on my 2wd. What would be the best rear block lift? I want it to look fairly level but not sag under a load. anyone got experience or picks of a 4" lift on a 2wd?

·
Registered
820 Posts
NO 03rado the rear on a 2wd is already 2" higher than the front from the factory so you would need 2" in the rear to match up with the a 4" front lift.

·
OG Member
4,862 Posts
BuiltNotBought99 said:
NO 03rado the rear on a 2wd is already 2" higher than the front from the factory so you would need 2" in the rear to match up with the a 4" front lift.
:word: Its pretty lame how stock trucks sit like that, though there is a purpose for it.

But I think it would be smarter to take out your stock 2" block and replace it with a 4" block rather than stacking two 2" blocks. May not be the safest.

MotoHead

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
If its 2wd, like he said, then there would be no block in the rear...so a 2" block would be perfect and level out the truck...4x4s have a 2" block in the rear from factory, but 2wds don't as far as i know...

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
No problem...as far as i know, the rears on the 2wds and 4x4s is the same with the exception of the block...none in 2wds, 2" in 4x4s, and the rear in all FSCs (and the majority of trucks) is 2" higher in the back, whether its 2wd or 4wd...rear always has to come up 2" less than the front to make it level...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts