GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying most of Steve's (cajunlowrida) parts from his truck to make a 5/8 drop for mine.. I will soon have stock 05+ chevy 17' wheels.. the question is what size tire do I need to order, and whats a good tire to run for my setup..?

Appreciate it,
-Alex

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
go with something slightly smaller than a stock size.. the week mine was on stockers a while back it looked like giant balloons.. check for pics of lo04chevys (banned) truck when it was on the esky wheels with a 4/6 and 04fullsizes when it was on esky wheels when it was bagged..

heres how dumb mine looked..

granted those tires were off a crew cab 2wd so they may be slightly bigger.. but the trucks i mentioned tire sizes were AWESOME..

heres the only pic i could find of joes truck..

silveradokidds are perfect too

i think those sorts of tires look way better than just the normal ol stock tire anyways..

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
woah, did i miss something? did you sell the bmw?
nah, still got it, I've actually recently ordered alot of good stuff for it
you could get the stock tires off a trailblazer. they're 245/65R17.
don't you think tho with the extra 2 inches in the back I oughta do the 235/65?

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i am running 255/55 17...although it is a bit small, i think it loos good and gives you that extra 1/2" of drop too.....

or go up a bit and do a 255/60..??....
what drop are you on? would you mind posting some pics so I can get a better idea.

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
don't you think tho with the extra 2 inches in the back I oughta do the 235/65?
naw. You'll be fine. Here is a picture of that white truck bagged with a bolt in notch and stock bed floor. they don't rub.

My stock wheels and tires are find on my truck when its laid out too.

the upper balljoints max out before the truck lays out in the front.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.