GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The One The Only
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 89 reg cab 1500. I've dropped the rear 4 inches soon to be 5 inches when I pull one of the leaf springs out and the front is dropped 3 inches with springs. Nitro drop shocks on it front and rear. I'm soon going to flip the rear and get 2 inch spindles for it. So it will end up being a total of 5 in the front and 7 in the rear when it's all said and done with. I have a set of 18's that I want to put on it but not sure what size tires to run. Right now when i had no drop I ran 285-55-18 on it but have stock steele wheels on it now because I thought the 18's would rub, never tried it. Anyone know what size tires I need to run ? I was thinking something close to a 245-50-18 I dont want to have too small of a side wall because the roads here suck most of the time.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
The size of tire you can run depends on the width and offset of your wheels. What kind of wheels are they?

·
The One The Only
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nevr mind not going to run these wheels because they are 6 lug and truck is 5 lug. Was going to run adapters but only ones I could find where kinda thick 2 piece design ones and they make the wheels stick out too far and no way of tucking when I go lowwer. I'm going to post pics soon and try to sell them on here when i get a chance to get pics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts