GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right now i have 8 awg power/ground, i think like 16 or 14 sometin like that awg speaker wire (on my sub its 10 awg and my wire is smaller), and my remote is just damn tiny. i have a 2000D quantum audio amp and i looked on the site and it pushes 1000rms. should i be getting better wires and fuse?

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
I'd go to a 4 or 2 if you're only pushing 1 amp. Teh remote wire doesn't have to be big at all. Speaker wire depends on the sub. I'd say 14 should be big enough, but you can do 12.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking 4 for the amp powering my sub. here in a month or so i was planning on getting mids and highs and will need an amp powering those. what do i have to do to run a second amp and what size power/ground for those? and would it be better to get a deck with 2 sets of RCAs or just get a splitter? im going for best sound quality with the components. i could get a clarion with sets on the cheap but te CD player doesnt work and idk how that would be fixed. tia

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
I have a Kenwood 1800 Mono amp for my subs and a kenwood 4 channel for my mids/highs. I have a 0awg ran to the dist block and 4awg to the amps.

best way is to use a distribution block. they don't cost much.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok cool i didnt even think about that. so would i just use a splitter for the RCAs? im wanting a different deck anyways but not interested enough to spend too much money on it.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
leave the 8 for the highs amp and get a 2-4ga for the bass amp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts