GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I ordered a Volant intake and installed it tonight, well, half way through the process I noticed something VERY weird.... the end of the air tube (where the air comes in from) is a TINY hole instead of a hole the size of the tube (like where the air goes into the throttle body).

Check out these pics...

Volant3.gif

Volant1.gif

Volant2.gif

Now, when I saw it I was like "okay wtf??" but I continued to follow the instructions anyways, and cranked it, listened for noises tightened everything blah blah blah.. then took it for a drive. Well, when I was driving it it felt like I had 10 plastic bags stuck in my air filter, barley any air was getting through!

Anyways, I put my stock air tube back on.. works okay...

SO TELL ME, IS THE HOLE SUPPOSED TO BE THIS SMALL OR IS IT A DEFECT?

ahhh,

Justin :flame:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Re: What The Fuck!?!?!???

:LOL: LMAO a would say they missed that one ....DEFECT for sure I have a K&N but the holes on mine where the same size LMAO

·
thats right
1,399 Posts

i dont get it.........there is only one opening on that pipe? where does it attach to the filter box :think:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Jeff said:
i dont get it.........there is only one opening on that pipe? where does it attach to the filter box :think:
See that little hole? THAT'S where it attaches to the filter box... :pissed:

And the hole is supposed to be the size of the tube.. grr..

·
Registered
658 Posts

that sux....i would first call up volant and then go out and buy a K&N...lol sorry to hear about your small hole...

·
thats right
1,399 Posts

call them up and offer to email a supervisor the pics directly.

at WORST case you could bore out the hole like it should be, but i have a feeling you will be getting a new tube from volant

·
Registered
450 Posts

Yeah its not suppose to be like that, I installed the whole kit on my lil bros tahoe, with the ram air kit. The whole kit works great just a bit expensive.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts

maybe it was so cheap becuase it was a defect...

do you still recommend that site?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts