GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
GMFS Resident Drunk Guy
704 Posts
My vote definatly goes to Llumar, I've had it on my past 2 trucks, and we sell it at work... good shit.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Huper Optik is a really really nice (but very expensive) brand of film.. like it would cost 500+ to tint a car like mine - but supposedly the best from what I've read and what people say

Llumar is probably your best bets - just make sure you stay away from dyed films - in time they'll fade and your gonna wanna end up replacing and spending doublee over time. Even tho I have dyed film :eeps:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I bought pre cut Llumar film on ebay. Its been on there for about a year with no sign of bubbling or discoloration.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
3M works well too.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
actually i wanted to buy rolls of Llumar because i want to start tinting peoples windows...i have been messing around trying to do it, and i did my buddies truck last night and it came out perfect and like 10 ppl said oh do my car do my car how much blah blah...

·
droppin loads
3,883 Posts
Llumar. you can try going to a tint shop and buying rolls from them, but they'll mark it up pretty good. I know my brother has sold rolls to people before, but doesn't do it often. Otherwise you'd need to go to the regional rep, but they won't sell you film unless you have an actual business.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes, i know you can get it at autozone but 10 feet of tint is 15 bucks...if i bought a 100 foot roll it would pay for itself tinting 2 cars and i would still have enough to do more...
Belmont, i actually called llumar to try to buy it straight from them and they said "they wont sell to me if i didnt own a buisness"

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
yes, i know you can get it at autozone but 10 feet of tint is 15 bucks...if i bought a 100 foot roll it would pay for itself tinting 2 cars and i would still have enough to do more...
Belmont, i actually called llumar to try to buy it straight from them and they said "they wont sell to me if i didnt own a buisness"

Get a tax ID.

I REALLY need to figure out how to tint.

·
Registered
94 Posts
llumar will not just sell film to anyone, they came out to my shop and watched me tint cars all day to make sure the film was installed right. there prices for rolls are abit high but the quality is there. If you want to get into the business i suggest you get into one of the classes the film companys offer and learn some sort of skill on how to lay down film, it gets expensive when you srew up and have to redue a window acouple of times. just my .02

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i might be wrong, but aren't rolls of llumar really expensive?

I've got johnsons on my car. I like how it came out

1 - 20 of 20 Posts