GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thinkin about doing some tint but im not sure on how dark.i was thinkin the same as the side windows ,i believe there 5%. I just dont want to get pick on by the cops,i got enough shit with them without it.if you post some pictures it would help and if you every got pulled over for them.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Stock tint (deep solar ray) is 20% and that is pretty dark to see out of at night. I wouldn't go any lower than 20% on the fronts unless you want to have to roll you window down to see out. Not to mention the legal ramifications.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
my 15% matched up to the rear windows great when i had it installed. Everything looked nice and even from outside. They said something about getting the correct tint color to "match" the factory tint shade.

Since then I have had the backs done in 15% over the stock tint made into the glass and its just about pefect :imo I would like to be as dark on the front windows...but that hasn't happened yet...maybe soon :D

Anything over 20% is a waste of time :imo

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
i had 1% on my old silverado and loved it, only time i had to roll them down was when is was pitch black with no traffic at all, other wise it wasnt to bad to see out of. ill be doing 5% or 1% again :head:

·
[>
3,255 Posts
When I did mine I went with 35% on the doors b/c I didnt want to deal with the tickets. And put 5% on the rear.

Im ready for another Coat of 5% on the rear and want darker doors :crazy:

So IMO go as dark as you think you might want b/c you will want it before long :anitoof:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have 1% on my truck. Looks pretty damn good, IMO. I wouldn't go any higher than 20%, personally.

I have more pictures if you want

·
2,451 Posts
Rollin20s said:
i had 1% on my old silverado and loved it, only time i had to roll them down was when is was pitch black with no traffic at all, other wise it wasnt to bad to see out of. ill be doing 5% or 1% again :head:
Whats the legal limit?

·
Original Members
1,090 Posts
def go 20% man

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I have 20% on the front sides and 20% over the stock tint in the back.. I want to go darker but I know cops can tell the difference between 20% and 5%, and they will bust you out here in Cali. I am also thinking of doing my windsheild 35%... got pics Jeff?

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
Yea, I had 35% on my fronts which was cool, but now I got 15% and its alot nicer :head: In the bay area they will pull ya over for tint especially CHP.....I want darker also, but I dont really drive my truck everyday and 15% is cool :D

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
TintHeaterboxSeatplates005.jpg
TintHeaterboxSeatplates007.jpg
TintHeaterboxSeatplates008.jpg
TintHeaterboxSeatplates009.jpg
I just dont know if its 15% or 20% i wanna get it metered lol I just dont like the fact u can see out the front sides at a angle cause my windshield isnt tinted so it makes em look lighter
TintHeaterboxSeatplates006.jpg

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have limo on my sides and the back is tinted to match. I also have 15% on my windshield. If you are alert enough, you can roll down your windows when you see police. And they can't even tell a windshield is tinted. I got stopped for speeding and the cop checked my brake tag, and couldn't even tell i had tint on my windshield. (i rolled my side windows down when i saw him trailing me, thus avoiding a ticket)

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Damn, that looks good... :secret: thanks for the pics. Good idea with the stickers.. it kinda takes your mind off how dark the tint is. I'm considering some windshield tint 35% definately looks nice but I might go higher.. we'll see. Thanks again! :D :waytogo:

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
damn thats blacked out Badass :D :anitoof: that wouldnt last in Cali :nono: :pow: :bawl:

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
Yoskater, u need to get some pics of ur truck with ur digi :head: :rocking: :imo :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts