GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got to start looking for a new set of tires soon. I was pressed for cash when i bought my wheels so i opted for Goodyear Eagle GTII's. That apparently was not a smart decision. It's now a year later and the tread has worn down significantly on all four tires. I'm wondering what tires are everyone running? How is the traction (normal street conditions) and how is the treadlife? Id rather spend the extra cash and get some tires that would actually hold up:imo

·
Registered
502 Posts
im running falken stz-04's they have a 460 treadwear and are pretty decent in wet and dry. no big complaints. had them about 1 year and still look like new.

·
Team Black
1,398 Posts
I'm not trying to be an ass but can you elaborate? Nice tells me nothing:imo
:shake: I've had the Eagle GT2's before, they wore down quickly. The Falkens just held up better. Plus they look a whole lot better. They are hands down better tires the the Goodyears.

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
i agree, I have the same tires, $130 too so they a good tire for an excellent price :imo

·
Mile High
3,080 Posts
I've had awesome luck with nitto 420S, plus they're easier to rotate since they aren't directional and kick ass in the rain.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
i have hankook 245/40 now and the traction is terrible.. treadwear is good though.. the other hankook style from mine comes in a 275/40 though..

before the hankooks i had nitto 255/35's.. they were the nt555.. they were my favorite set i've had so far.. not fond of the size but the traction and tread was AWESOME

1,798 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I've had awesome luck with nitto 420S, plus they're easier to rotate since they aren't directional and kick ass in the rain.
word, the first day i got my 420s's it rained that night and on the way home i was amazed at how much better they were on the road then my old tires, they were also goodyears, cant tell u much on the wear, havnt had them long enough, but as far as traction and a good lookin tire A+

·
LayNBodyOn24z
1,702 Posts
Yes i have falkens on my truck. mine are 265/35r22's and i love them. I work at a tire shop so i got them cheap. They were like 120 i think... i love them. They have good tread wear and all that... had them on since june. have about 75% left or pretty close.

·
T Nigs
1,318 Posts
whatever came stock on my truck sucked so bad. dry or wet, wet was almost like cuicide i cant beleive they sell those tires. anyways, now i have pirelli scorpions and there amazing. wet traction is 100 times better than before and they are actually quiter and ride smoother despite being a 60 series opposed to 70. overall im super happy with them, and they look really cool too.

·
Team Black
2,415 Posts
My first set of wheels had nitto NT404s on them and they were really good tires. the wear was damn good and the traction was great (although they were 305 series).

My last and current set of wheels have/had pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimetricos (treadwear 420) and I persoanlly love these tires which is why I went with them again. performance in the rain is good, traction is good, overall wear is superb.

If you want a tire with a very high treadwear rating look at the sumitumo htr sport, they have a 480 rating. But I dont know if these tires are available in the size youre looking for.

The pirellis and sumitumos are not directional, so you can rotate them. the nittos are.

·
Asian as fuck!
3,863 Posts
275/40/20 Hankook Ventus... decent dry weather traction, horrible in rain( :imo , thank god I live in Cali), really good treadlife so far.

I'd buy them again, but if I had to drive any place that got alot more rain I'd probably opt for something else.. then again who gets a 275 wide tire for wet weather traction?

·
Bassmaster
701 Posts
275/55/20 Nitto 404's here. Love them so far.......great traction in the rain. Also tested them several times on low tide on slick boat ramps pulling my boat out, no problem. I had Nitto's on my old Tacoma (235/45/17 555's) and loved them too, which is why I got Nitto again.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
i've got the falken ziex 255/35r20's treadwear i have no clue i prolly did'nt even 2k miles on this truck before i started rebuilding it traction's just fine for me noise and such is minimal.

my trucks bagged so next time around unless its summer time and i'm ballin it'll prolly be whatever i can get a good deal on :crazy:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts