GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometime soon I will be getting some new tires for my rock crawlers, but I can't decide which ones to get. Those hummer tires, goodyear R/T II wear like a no other and ride worse so I might steer clear of those this time. I need a tire that is thick, I will use them for the ranch etc, lots of mequites and such but still hold up to sharp rocks and wears good. Hopefully decent on the street too. I have been looking at some super swampers but not to sure if they will hold up good.
What do ya think?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am on my second set of Parnelli Jones Dirt Grips. 36x14.50x16
Expensive as hell! But you wouldn't believe how well they do on and off road! They have a VERY aggressive tread pattern and are just as quiet as the Mud Terrains I started with. Plus I got 30,000+ out of the last set driving mainly on the street. You do have to rotate regulary, they will cup BAD!
Just my .02 cents
Tucker

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Ive been shocked at how tough my X-Terrains are. Also had pretty decent luck with the bfg ats.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
x terrains are pretty badass, i liked my old set. i just want BFGs to have something different

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
If you're looking for a tough tire, Swamper SX's are the way to go. They wont ride or wear worth a shit on the road, but you wont have any problems with tearing one up offroad, from what I've heard/read.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Grant said:
If you're looking for a tough tire, Swamper SX's are the way to go. They wont ride or wear worth a shit on the road, but you wont have any problems with tearing one up offroad, from what I've heard/read.

That's what I wanna hear. I plan on driving some on road from place to place but mostly offroad.
I do like the BFG's A/T's but they don't last to long on the rocky roads around here. My pops put less than 25K on his before all 4 threw the rubber.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds like the Hummer tires I had.

·
Buck Nekkid
50 Posts
What about the surplus 37" Hummer radials? Not sure how plentiful they are.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can find those prolly, but it will take some cutting to get them in.
I really want some cutouts so I'll keep them in mind.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
35 mtr or you can buy my 315 x-terrains

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
interco trXus MT. great in mud/sand/rock/dirt and better than MTRs and X-terrains on pavement. also pretty good in rain and snow too.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't know much about those X-Terrais but I know that those MTR won't be a good choice for my extra set of tires. The ranch roads around here eat those up quick. They don't last very long at all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts