GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
background: most of you know i was planning on bagging my truck since i first got it and have been on ekstensive's waiting list since feburary. i took my truck in the last part of may, i had been talking to mitch up there and everything was suppose to take 3 weeks and i would have my truck back in time to make it to lowdown showdown in ok on june 18th

well it wasnt done when time came around so i was cool with that and called mitch back this last monday and he said everything was cool and they just had to finish up the back and it would be ready this saturday

Well today on the way from oklahoma to houston i decided to call ekstensive and got to talk to mark and asked if my truck was going to be ready saturday like mitch said it would be, he was dumbfounded and said if your talking about the white ext cab on 22's then its not even started.

i about dropped the phone so i said i would come up there to see what the fuck was going on.

i got there and sure enough my truck was sitting in the same spot i left it a month ago so i finally got to talk to bill the owner (nice guy) and he didnt know what was going on but said they where backed up because of the avy and esclade and mitch was suppose to be calling people and explaining the problem but never did, bill told me mitch up and left tuesday and never came back and said he has been having problems with him lately... theres more shit but i wont go into it

mitch has been lyeing to me for weeks now :guns: :flame: so im extremly pissed and even though it wasnt bill's fault he should have known what was going on with his company imo

thats the jist of the story i talked to bill for a good hour and a half about what was going on

we talked and it would be the end of next week for them to even start on the truck there so backed up from people coming in and wanting a simple bag job and turning it into stockfloor on 26's and then it would take 3 weeks so i wouldnt make it to heatwave.

so i have a few options
1. let them keep the truck and bag it (overlook mitch's fuck up's)
2. find someone else to bag it (bnc, choatic)
3. take the money i was spending bagging it and tradeing it in on a c5 vette

im leaning more towards number 3 because im tired of spending wads of cash on this thing and its only getting started... i wont stop until its laying body on 24's with a full custom interior and paint (thats saving money all the time and not doing anything remotely fun for a long time just to have a nice truck)

some folks would say this doesnt need to be public info but i felt maybe someone might benifit from reading this...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Fuck it just get a C3... I know it wasn't an option, but they kickass :)

Do what you are gonna get the most enjoyment outta. You are gonna end up making up the difference on mods for you truck in car insurance on the vette though.

Not being able to do shit till it's on 24s and totally custom really blows though. Maybe tone it down a little or just go crazy and lift it :p

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
Just bag it, u will pay crazy insurance rates for a vette! That hella suxs tho about the run around

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Wow...

I know you have been very excited about this, i can't believe they lied to you though, thats a horrible business practice.

Projects are cool and all, everybody likes to see what a business can do, but a business is nothing without customers and it sounds like they have been blowing off customers to do their own stuff.

They do great work from what i've heard, but if you are "pushing them" to hurry up and finish it they might half ass your truck and that is not what you want at all. I'd take your money and go somewhere else!

Too bad you don't live closer, or I could do it for you with my buddy and make a few bucks (much less than extensive is gonna make, but a few, haha)

I'd definately take my money and leave though, tell them no hard feelings and find another shop :imo

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
Wow...

I know you have been very excited about this, i can't believe they lied to you though, thats a horrible business practice.

Projects are cool and all, everybody likes to see what a business can do, but a business is nothing without customers and it sounds like they have been blowing off customers to do their own stuff.

They do great work from what i've heard, but if you are "pushing them" to hurry up and finish it they might half ass your truck and that is not what you want at all. I'd take your money and go somewhere else!

Too bad you don't live closer, or I could do it for you with my buddy and make a few bucks (much less than extensive is gonna make, but a few, haha)

I'd definately take my money and leave though, tell them no hard feelings and find another shop :imo
Damn it, only if I lived in Arkansas :whip: :insane: but I dont :bawl: :drool: :ninja:

·
MIA
1,157 Posts
Tough call ....

I would say Ekstensive can/will still do you the job you asked for. I am sure there is more to it.

I wouldn't go to Chaotic .. from what I am told Rocky isn't there anymore, unless what I was told was BS.

BNC ... I would go there, Grounded has had his truck for 4 years, daily driven.

I wouldn't mind staying with Ekstensive .... however if I was to move it, I would use BNC.

Mine took about 3 weeks to get it all done. I was told that if one of the big dogs came up to EKMW .. they can jump infront of you. Like the guy who owns the Escalde and the CTS ....

I wouldn't do a vette .. I don't like them .. don't think there what there cracked up to be.

Be careful though ... you did give them a down payment to get on the list. I am sure in this case Bill will give it back. I don't see him holding it.

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
Just stick with Ekstensive. Think about it, you can go to BNC but will they start on it in a week? Doubt it. They fucked up, but if you want your truck bagged that badly stick with Ekstensive.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I would just stick with extensive...it was one guy in thier business that was fuckin you over...not the whole shop...you waited this long, no need to give up yet...

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i'd stay with ektensive... U've been excited about getting ur truck bagged for ever. I felt the same way when my truck was supposed to be done, and when i came back and trhe only thing they had done was taken off the bed... Whatever i waited a week and got it back. I still don't understand why a simple bag job would take more than a week. MIC is known for doing their bag jobs in a day

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I'd stick with EKMW. Sorry I didn't get the chance to get by there last week. Bill shoulda been on top of things, but he really does have alot going on and thats why he had Mitch handeling customers.

If you can get your deposit back and you pull your your truck give Rob at BNC a call, tell him I sent you. You won't be done in time for THW though, they have several trucks that have to be done already.

I'm sure Bill will do his best to make you happy. Customer service is a priority of his, as I'm sure you could tell talking to him.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
That sucks. Although I'm not surpised they're not finished, I'm surprised they haven't even started. I just hope that EKMW doesn't start doing half ass jobs to keep up with their demands......
Well, man, business is business, and unfortunately, that happens in every business. My brother's truck was supposed to take about 2 months to paint (lots of body work), and he ended up waiting 4 months for it. The paint shop had other priorities (insurance jobs) to take care of first and although it's hard to understand, insurance jobs are where the money comes in. Same with Ekstensive, I guess. The big money comes from the big dogs, so they have to take care of the big dogs first. I would talk to Bill and make sure what day they can defenitely start. If they don't start by that date, take your deposit and go somewhere else or buy a corvette.....

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bill has been a very cool and is a good business person that got fucked by his friend/employee mitch :flame:

i have decieded to pull the truck and bill said he would refund all my money

im not going to bag it for now, i will just drop it 3/6 and put a system in it and make a reliableable sporty daily driver

im kinda glad this happened... because i dont think i have the finical stablity/feedom at this point to cut up a new truck just incase something major was to go wrong with my truck and the warretny would be void since laying out on 22's cuts up alot of shit so i couldnt get it fixed and would be without a vehicle

im sorry to all the people that wanted to see my truck layed out its just not going to happen right now

but on the flipside i will have an air commander going up for sale soon...

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
wish I had that problem I've been on a waiting list since last december and the guy won't be able to even see the truck till mid november.

he's working on a hardbody nissan to take to semi right now.. the owner of graphic disorder's truck

1 - 20 of 44 Posts