GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the parents are payin for a paintjob no matter what.. it can even be a color change.. i decided to not buy those boss 301's so that still leaves me with $800.. anyways.. save $200 more and buy a roll pan, handle flip, cowl hood, and ss bumper cover.. then go ahead and have the truck painted black.. or arrival blue.. or leave it pewter.. i kinda wanna leave it a solid color unless someone can show me a nice lookin 2 tone.. OR... save till mid summer and have enough to buy the chrome intro time limits (timeless 6 lookalikes) or some ar maxims... or.. dont mod the truck at all? (haha jk)

anyways.. chime in with what you think i should do..

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
holy shait u changed ur name

but to your question, dont paint it black, its a PITA when it comes to washing and detailing. Pewter IMO isnt that great looking. Id deffinatly go for arrival blue or maybe something a little darker (in blue). roll pan and handle flip :head:

And if your looking for AR Maxims, fullthrottledan was selling his with some falken tires
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3657

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
DemoN said:
blue trucks suck! notice that grounded painted his blue pos black...he knows:read: :LOL:
I painted it black because flat black is easy to keep clean, and I got the color change and flames done for what it'd cost me to do it the blue I wanted. Only way I'd buy a black truck is if I got a smokin' deal on it. Nothing looks better than a nice clean black car or truck, but half an hour later it looks like crap. :read:

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Keep the whoring to the lounge guys :read: Let's get this one back on the topic of what pewter00 should do to his truck paintwise :read:

My vote is a dark blue top with a silver from the upper bodyline down, that would look nice :bowtie:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
Keep the whoring to the lounge guys :read: Let's get this one back on the topic of what pewter00 should do to his truck paintwise :read:

My vote is a dark blue top with a silver from the upper bodyline down, that would look nice :bowtie:
If a two tone is an option blue with PPG Dimond white pearl(I think that's the name anyway).

·
Registered
785 Posts
I'd say blue, or the new dark metallic grey with a silver or pearl white paint from the upper bodyline up thats what I might do in the future

·
Loves yoga pants
2,412 Posts
JJ...stay with a lighter color like silver or pearl white...easier to keep clean and shows less scratches when your mom drives it to the store and gets a shopping cart bump.

·
Handshake Drugs
310 Posts
I think 03rado has got it right. but I think you might wanna consider not getting the hood and instead getting an exhaust. I think it would look kinda funny with a hood and no exhaust.
just my .02

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i personally hate pewter... so any change is good. I personally like the C32 AMG blue. One day when i get money, that color will show up on my truck

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
i personally hate pewter... so any change is good. I personally like the C32 AMG blue. One day when i get money, that color will show up on my truck
Ok, but don't be expecting an invitation to the Pewter Power Christmas party buddy :gethim:

·
Member #670
1,860 Posts
i dunno man i have a black 04 and ive had it for about 2 months and already ive seen the swirls start to show up and im anal about wahing my truck...unless you wanna wash it 2 times a week and do a cleaner wax every other week i wouldnt go with black...but then again if you are doing a complete color change why do a factory color...have a custom color mixed and be truly unique...that would be bad ass

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
bcubed said:
Ok, but don't be expecting an invitation to the Pewter Power Christmas party buddy :gethim:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

So have you decided on a paintjob?

·
Registered
413 Posts
i say go for something like this...
100012606_1.jpg

but instead of the goldish color on top, a gray or silver.

btw, black is the best of the factory colors

1 - 20 of 21 Posts