GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Zombie Squad
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last night I got some Mother's Chrome polish...today i tried it out and i STILL have like...not really rust but grayish stains still on my wheels. I scrubbed on one wheel for like 30 minutes and it cleaned it up a little but not all the way...what now?
the holes in my wheels are hard to get too...and thats were the worse part of them is..

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
therealgeronimo said:
Are your wheels aluminum or chrome? Try using some weanol. It can be found on autopia. Also check autopia for some other tips.
Weanol? A guy told me about that stuff one time. He's been looking for it for a long time. He's a big rig driver and said that milk truck drivers use it to clean they're tanks. That's whay they look like chrome. I'm a member at Autopia so I'll check that out.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If you can't find it at autopia check at local stores that specialize in cooking pots and pans. It is used to polish metal and is really marketed towards those kinds of stores. I see you are in GA; if you can't find it, I know where you can find it in Macon.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
therealgeronimo said:
If you can't find it at autopia check at local stores that specialize in cooking pots and pans. It is used to polish metal and is really marketed towards those kinds of stores. I see you are in GA; if you can't find it, I know where you can find it in Macon.
I go to school in Macon. Where in Macon do they have it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try using Neverdull wadding polish. You'll know it's working because the wad will start turning black. Wipe clean and then go over with Mother's polish to 'seal'.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Check Banner Uniforms in Macon. They sold it about two years ago and I haven't been over there since but they should still sell it. Also if they don't have it check red dog in Forsyth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts