GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Zombie Squad
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what I have...its kinda getting old wanted something different...tell me what u htink i should do

here is what i have now:
back.jpg

i was thinking maybe either smoking some OEM taillights or something of that nature...any ideas?

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Smoked would look good, and i don't think its hard to do...should be a lot like candying, which i did on my tails, and it wasn't hard at all. I think the spray paint stuff you need is sold at model/hobby shops and is like RC car tint or something of that nature. Even something as simple as candying them would look good just to get them to be that darker richer red than stock look. You might wanna buy some euros off ebay and candy them...those always look good.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
VHT Nite Shades, it's paint made especially to smoke tailights .. you might find it at your local hot rod parts shop, auto parts .. or Jegs or Summit Racing sell it.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Give them the "baseball bat" look :D

I have yet to see after market tails for the obs trucks that I think look good, but if I had to do something to them I would probably candy them... My truck has the bling bling wire guards on them, came with it. They weren't installed right and eventually one broke off. Got it welded back together and then I mounted it correctly...and I can stand on them now :D

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I think smoked would look good. I know what you mean i had weak ass tail covers for a long time too hehe.

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
i'd ditch the covers and smoke them.

if i were you i'd hit up an exhaust shop and have bigass 3.5" stainless tips welded on too, it would make your duals look really good :imo

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
hovisimo said:
i'd ditch the covers and smoke them.

if i were you i'd hit up an exhaust shop and have bigass 3.5" stainless tips welded on too, it would make your duals look really good :imo
Word, or just dump it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts